Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2003 GU series 3 Nissan patrol Wagon
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all hope someone can point me in the right direction on a fast idle issue 2003 Di manual 3lt
dawes /needle valve fitted catch can,full nads,idle is usually 750rpm ,825 to 850 rpm with fan on,just lately upon starting going to 1200/1300 rpm and staying there i have checked the heat switch and all fuses no codes on ecutalk gauge where do i look next any help appreciated nobby.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,221 Posts
Hi Mate, Sorry you haven't had any luck with this, I assume others are having the same difficulty as me fathoming this, to my knowledge there is no other link to this than the heating switch and the revs you talk of fit the bill. Is the heating switch something you have used often in the past (I notice you are on the Sunny Coast as well so you definitely don't need it here :)).

Have you tried removing it and seeing what happens, if there is some link it should not do it when the engine is hot and if it's a manual, from memory it cuts out when you hit the clutch (I'm couch bound at the moment and can't get to the truck to refresh my memory on point 2).

·
Registered
nissan
233 Posts
The heat switch in the manual definitely cuts out when you hit the clutch if it is working correctly.

Agree with GU2, a good check would be to disconnect it - the actual switch could be shorting.

Hope you sort the problem soon.

Tom

·
Registered
2003 GU series 3 Nissan patrol Wagon
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
still no luck gents checked the heat switch first , all ok there i did have a play with all vac lines and hoses and got a big improvement have the rpm back to 900 it may be a split hose but buggered if i can find it. thanks for your advise .

·
Registered
nissan
2,994 Posts
Just to add my $0.02 on my GUIII the fast idle will cut out when placed into gear. So with the heat switch on, it will idle at about 1200 in neutral and when in (any) gear at 800. With the switch off idles at 750 (A/C off). Engine/coolant temperature makes no difference.

Might be a long shot but maybe try disconnecting the battery for an hour or two. Who knows, maybe the ECM has gotten itself confused. Stranger things have happened.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts