Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my fatz snorkel and air box on Friday, only had a chance to unwrap it all and have a good look today though, going to be giving them a call tomorrow though cause found a few things that I wasn't really impressed with.
The nut certs that they use have pulled out of their place on 2 of the lid screws without even tightening the lid, found two spots where the welds seem to have cracked (looks to be fatigue from the nut Certs) and just looking down the inside of the snorkel seems to be minimal penetration (some spots none).

Anyone experienced the same or similar thing, I went with fatz because a lot of people swear by them and I was happy with the photos on their Facebook page and the feedback they were getting....

Also, has anyone put some sort of drain in one and did it come with everything to go from snorkel end to air box inlet, because I bought the air box/snorkel combo and it seems I'm gonna have to source my own elbow to connect them up?

Cheers in advance,
Damo

·
Sydoforumsuperfan :)
nissan gu patrol
8,929 Posts
Why wouldn't you go local ? On track fabrication. ****s on Fatz :nono::nono::nono:

·
Doing It My Way
nissan
1,774 Posts
It piss poor really isn't it.! Your not buying cheap Chinese crap, your paying for high end Australian hand fabricated parts. It's basic QA really. A part from commen sense and good business practice.
You make your customer happy he tells his mate's
you piss your customers off he tells his mate's or may be thousands of forum members.

Every body can drop the ball at times, so the real test will be to see how he deals with a unhappy customer.

·
Registered
nissan
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Every body can drop the ball at times, so the real test will be to see how he deals with a unhappy customer.
That's it mate!
Don't get me wrong I'm not bagging them, just wanting to know if anyone experienced the same, they've given me excellent service so far with dealing with the order and everything I wanted and like I said their work looks impressive so I can't see me having too much trouble tomorrow when I call them tomorrow.

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol
194 Posts
Don't you think you should have called them and discussed your concerns before jumping on a forum and telling the world about it?.

·
Registered
Nissan patrol gq
1,769 Posts
I don't think you Should stress too much about minimal penetration on the snorkel it would have been welded with enough heat to ensure decent joins without the need to purge weld it.

As for the airbox it may be just basic qa has been missed as was mentioned

·
Registered
nissan
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As for the airbox it may be just basic qa has been missed as was mentioned
When I spoke to them, they said it was a alloy box that they've only recently started making, where as it was previously stainless, I'm thinking the nut certs would hold a lot better to the staino rather then the alloy...

·
Registered
nissan
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Have had the boily at work check out the snorkel welds and he said they are fine so all good there,
I have a ram head snorkel mate but still thought a drain would be addiquit, and I have everything there except the elbow, not a very good photo but here's the box right after I opened it

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah mate got a cutting template, have tried to call them this morning and couldn't get through so just left them a message on Facebook.
Sorted the locknuts out last night (hopefully) and got a bloke at work that's gonna do a little patch work where the nut cert has cracked the weld, so far so good, overall happy with the quality of it all, just messaged them with info of how I received it and what I had done so they have a bit of feed back.

·
Registered
nissan
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
So elbow is on its way, they just forgot to chuck it in.
As for the air box I got this back from them today "Hey Damien, thanks heaps for the feed back. These alloy airboxes were a trial run as a lot of lads were requesting them but looks like a few areas need improving.. There should have been a silicone bend in there to connect to the snorkel but i will send you out another. Thanks again "

So hopefully my little bit of feedback helped in future designs and plans for the full alloy boxes!

Customer service from them once again seemed very good too.

·
Registered
nissan
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here's a pic of a mill weld one I found, hopefully get to mine over the weekend if I'm not working, but I'll definitely post some pics of progress and final product !

Attachments

1 - 20 of 66 Posts