Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

Whats your flavour

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Learned the hard way - RD28t out TD42 in
4,415 Posts
A nice great big Limousin entrecote, just done "on the turn" as they say, washed down with a nice Bordeaux. and before you Aussies start up the frenchie jokes, yes we DO have the best beef in the world here - no question. Bet I get some stick for that !

·
Registered
nissan
613 Posts
I'm not really fussy what variety. I just like it BBQ'd or Roasted....

"" Bang it on the head, Wipe it's bum, touch it to the hotplate, then put it on my fork :cool: ""

·
Registered
nissan
173 Posts
black angus porterhouse or the good ol t bone

·
Registered
29 Posts
I am on the fence on this

A nice great big Limousin entrecote, just done "on the turn" as they say, washed down with a nice Bordeaux. and before you Aussies start up the frenchie jokes, yes we DO have the best beef in the world here - no question. Bet I get some stick for that !
Hey mate,
My wife and I lived the south of france for a few years, and I must say, whilst being a big call, you are pretty close to the money there. What I liked most about france, was the food, they cook very well, and at restaurants they dont charge like a wounded bull.
I know Ozzie lamb is the best, but beef, the french are up there. Although some of the beef we had in South Africa was pretty special.

·
Registered
Nissan
341 Posts
Agree 100%. French cuisine is top of the list.
It is a rare year in the last 15 that I have not been to France for a good 'Steak Tartare' and some soucisson. Bordeaux is OK but I prefer a good Gamay.

When skiing in the Haute Savoy, any Fondue Savoyarde, Raclette or Tartiflette - with lots of lardons!!!!

Can't wait till I'm back in France in June - looking forward to some Abymes and Apremont! :cool::D

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
Where's kangaroo?

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,202 Posts
A big slab of cryovaced Yearling Fillet from Meat World on the sunny coast, set aside for a week or so, quickly seared then slow barbied, served with mushroom gravy and mashed sweet and std potatoes, Mmmm, Mnnnn.

·
Registered
nissan
21,635 Posts
Roast lamb with all the trimmings.

BTW - never understood why anyone would risk food poisoning by eating rare meat. How do these raries do toast?

·
Weekend Warrior
Nissan patrol
10,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeh I missed Kangaroo, Venison, Goat, Dog, and Miscellaneous :S sorry folks.

·
Premium Member
nissan patrol
334 Posts
nothing like digging in to a plate of jack russell. Trying to eliminate them one mouthfull at a time

·
bit cold out it seems
nissan
9,258 Posts

For a dude who makes women orgasm by simply saying their name he seems to love the sausage.

edit: yes i am jealous of his abilities in cooking and seducing teh ladeiz. bastard.

·
Registered
nissan
440 Posts
Nothing like a good bit of fresh croc I reckon. Love it to bits and spewing I can't get it now I'm living down here.

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
Roast lamb with all the trimmings.

BTW - never understood why anyone would risk food poisoning by eating rare meat. How do these raries do toast?
I've never understood why you'd destroy the nutritional value of meat by turning it into a dunlop volley sole! ;)

Food poisoning from rare meat is such a low risk these days with hygiene standards etc... I've only ever had food poisoning once from not seasoning a new camp oven properly (didn't burn the oil off enough).

Kangaroo is a meat of it's own value bigbear! Not in the same bag as dog/cat etc... though i'll eat anything that once was alive...

·
The nutty professor
8,299 Posts

For a dude who makes women orgasm by simply saying their name he seems to love the sausage.

edit: yes i am jealous of his abilities in cooking and seducing teh ladeiz. bastard.
so who is the sausage lurver??

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Mic said:
I've never understood why you'd destroy the nutritional value of meat by turning it into a dunlop volley sole! ;)...
I've never understood why you'd want to eat a blood dripping piece of meat. If I wanted that I'd suck the tampon they come on.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts