Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night some cheap arse scum bag thought that what's mine will become his. We are putting up new cattle yards at our farm and had timber delivered there Friday. 60 lengths of 6x1,1/2 well head up there today to make a start and there is only about 20 lengths there now and a few gates missing. So it's obviously been planned because you don't fit that much in the back of a ute. This sort of **** makes my blood boil! Especially because it's most likely another farmer that's pinched them. People like this should be shot on sight no questions asked. Luckily for them I wasn't around because the rifle lives in the ute most of the time. Rant over.

·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
26,730 Posts
There are arseholes everywhere mate, unfortunately! :anger:

Foo

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
11,050 Posts
I'd be keeping an eye out to see if any neighbours whack up a new gate or fence.
Then drive into it, accidentally of course.

·
Registered
Nissan
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd be keeping an eye out to see if any neighbours whack up a new gate or fence.
Then drive into it, accidentally of course.
That's exactly what I plan on doing. Although I won't be driving through it I'll be backing threw their front door and asking for answers.

·
Registered
nissan
21,635 Posts
It's a COAT (cu*t of a trick) happens all too often. There is bugger-all you can do either, and that makes it worse. Tell the Police. There might be more of it going on and they might be able to catch the offenders. If they don't know they are unlikely to look. The chances are that the offenders will be at other things as well. If they find stolen property when they turn them over then they will be able to charge them. Good luck.

·
Weekend Warrior
Nissan patrol
10,349 Posts
Pretty sh*t mate. Seems to be a bit going around lately. I've had a few items nicked in the last month. Thankfully it was only eBay junk.

·
Registered
nissan
4,831 Posts
Leave the rest for them and sit and wait, 12g in hand of course:)
Have taken a few shots in general direction of trespassers before back in NZ on the farm, old man couldn't stand this behavior.

·
Registered
Nissan
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If it's so soon after delivery is there any chance the delivery guys were involved?
Na mate not a chance came from a saw mill a fair distance away. And they are decent people so not a chance of that.

The rest are still sitting there. I've set my trail cam up there so now sit and wait to see what it picks up.

·
After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says W
06 Td42ti coil cab chassis
17,680 Posts
It would be good if you could get a hold of a game camera Hosery, and hide it near the site to see if the cvnt's come back for the rest.
Pictures dont lie mate.;)

·
The Member Formerly Known as Lusty Dusty
nissan
6,172 Posts
I find it odd to suspect another farmer. They all have the same problems - weather, drought, cashflow and all of the associated hassles of running a rural property. I would assume you'd all stick together and watch out for each other.

Maybe a sign of the times.....

Cheers....Lionel.

·
After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says W
06 Td42ti coil cab chassis
17,680 Posts
I suppose Farmers are like the rest of us, there is good and bad, and I would imagine Hosery has a fair Idea who it is from previous run ins.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
I find it odd to suspect another farmer. They all have the same problems - weather, drought, cashflow and all of the associated hassles of running a rural property. I would assume you'd all stick together and watch out for each other.

Maybe a sign of the times.....

Cheers....Lionel.
I suppose Farmers are like the rest of us, there is good and bad, and I would imagine Hosery has a fair Idea who it is from previous run ins.
farmers are people to.
we had a case locally where a farmer stole the neighbors cattle. just cut the boundary fence.
found some of them in his bush block with new tags fitted. fortunately the people had recent photos of their stock and could ID them. also i think the stock truck driver gave him up to.
word was that stock on all his neighbors was being stolen too.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
547 Posts
My 2 cents, I dont think it is another ****y. My thoughts tend to sway for a "local contractor" that has seen an opportunity to seize stock for nothing, and utilise them on a job for another ****y local to you. Any local rural fencing mobs near you bud? go for a drive and suss out their yard (although its probably been used by now)

I work around the Southern Highlands here, my boss has 1000 acres and batles with cattle and sheep, as well as try to run a drill company. As stated earlier all farmers USUALLY stick together so I would not tar them all with the same brush...some scum out to make a quick buck though for nothing? well I know what I'd put my money on.

It wont spell C0cky...thats odd :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts