Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
11,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feeling a bit down tonight fellas.
Kind of feels like I'm in a bit of a rut, recently unemployed, girlfriend is pissed at me (not sure where we stand anymore) and just a bit of a downer of a night in general.
Problems aren't that massive, i know, but it's got me down tonight.

On the plus side though, spent some quality time with the old MK, least she never bitches or complains!

Cheers.

·
Registered
nissan
2,202 Posts
your not alone champ,
im always up and down.
I think it if it werent for dogs and patrols, the world would be a much more terrible place,
hang in there, jobs come and go, not so much girlfriends so sort that **** out - if shes worth the hassle, get hassling!

·
Registered
nissan patrol
78 Posts
Keep ya chin up mate you never know what's around the corner, maybe a fresh start at a new job with new people will be good for ya. Good luck with the job hunt and keep talking to the mk, they're good listeners I've heard

·
Registered
nissan
2,994 Posts
Yep not alone mate, had a few times recently when I've felt like I'm in a rut going nowhere.

Got any mates close by that you could go have a couple of beers with? I've found even if I don't feel like it a bit of social interaction does wonders.

You'll be right... And don't forget we're all here for ya!

·
1986 SD33T SWB
11,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kimba: I reckon she's worth the hassle, well hope so anyway! haha

Jason: the old MK is a great listener, love the old beast

Tribal: definitely not the best feeling, and I've already had a few, so no driving tonight, but heading to a mates tomorrow.

Thanks guys, this forum is full of great people and support. :)

·
Registered
nissan gu
168 Posts
Life always has up's and downs, no matter what comes your way it always seems to work out for the best, what do you do for work? And where are you located?

·
The Googlest, Apparently!
nissan patrol
15,803 Posts
Best thoughts to all of you feeling down. When you’re down there is only one way to go, and that is up. Things will work out if you put your mind to it. Mean while, have a beer.

·
Banned
2,050 Posts
Hi,

I am in a similar position, but think of the good stuff. You are an Aussie and can go for a 4x trip or camping anytime you want. Jobs come and go, so do women. If you get a good one, dont let her go though. Despite some issues, better to sort things out than be without. Just think about if you were living in India, house made from mud and breaking up old ships with a cold chisel. We have it so much better here.

Regards B M

·
Registered
nissan partol GQ
915 Posts
Chin up mate, I've had my up and downs but would never change a thing, it'll come good for ya.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,351 Posts
James sorry to hear of your troubles. Hope some adversity brings some of opportunity.

Btw this thread proves that people from WA are the most caring:D

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
Hope springs eternal.

Whatever that means.

Whatever. Chin up. The only way around (**** like this) is through.

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
How you travelling today, James?

Take the GF out for dinner, nothing serious, somewhere with a nice view and vibe. And tell her you want to talk about stuff. Nothing ventured, nothing gained...

·
Registered
nissan
21,635 Posts
One of the best and traditional remedies is to have a few beers with someone you like.
Preferably around a BBQ. Not too many people are necessary, one will do. M or F, doesn't matter.

I've done most of the worrying and feeling inadequate that most people do at one time or another, but it's over now. Married, house, mortgage and kids ... the whole catastrophe. All that's left is to get sick and die.

One devious little trick that helps put life in perspective is to have a look at other people who are really doing it tough. You might know someone who is as sick as a rat. Or someone who's just lost every penny he ever had and doesn't have enough years left to get back up. It is a trick, but it works for me.

·
Registered
399 Posts
thought for the day

apples will grow again they may not be as big but siht there will be twice as many....

always gets a smile.....:D.....sim

·
1986 SD33T SWB
11,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for all the replies guys, it really means a lot. And everyone who's going through up and down phases, there's plenty of support here and through other avenues.

Mickey T: I just do boring office work, mostly data entry, and I'm in good ol' Melbourne.

BM: That's a good way of looking at it, we really do live in a privileged country.

JohnH: You WA boys aren't bad, and hopefully I'll be heading over there next year for a trip!

Squalo: Thanks mate, I'm doing a better today, a bit of sleep always helps I find. I've talked it over with her a bit, and I'm taking her out for dinner tomorrow night.

Esty: It's a good trick, and shows how lucky you really are in comparison to some others.

Thanks again for all the support, fellas.

·
Registered
nissan
956 Posts
Mate I know the feeling I lost my job and recently found out the girl I had fallen for was well..to put it nicely, an evil bitch. Jobs at the moment are hard so I hope your relationship gets better to help you feeling better :)

·
Registered
nissan patrol
43 Posts
Must be a patrol driver thing lol. I'm the same got injured at work and needed surgery and as I was recovering I ha a boss that like to treat me like I was a piece of **** kept telli g me he was gonna sack me and how worthless I was. Went on for a couple months untill he told me he was gonna sleep with me gf then I snapped it and tried to run him down with a forklift since it was a shoulder surgery lol. So I got fired and have only just been cleared to return to a new job. Only problem now is my other shoulder has flogged out from over use and requires te same surgery which means another 9 to 12 months off work. Best thing I did was start to see a psychologist to talk things out. It's amazing how bad sitting at home is for you when your already feeling down. Get out as much as possible and spend time with mates.

·
Registered
nissan
430 Posts
Keep plodding along mate, i like to find some funny **** online and have a good laugh, Eddy Murphy "Delirious" + a Can always cheers me up.

·
Registered
nissan
2,091 Posts
By no means have i read this whole thread, only the first few and last few posts, but this is how it sounds to me, Wahaha :(WaaaaHaaaWahwah sook :( slobber sook.

What happened to the days when a man would just deal with his problems?, instead of sooking to anyone who'll listen.

"i'm feeling a bit down today fellas":(,,,:rolleyes: Leave the whinging to people who actually have something to whinge about.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts