Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,351 Posts
Good subject traditional remedies...
Watching "The Life of Brian" is pretty good too... That theme song always look on the bright side of life is pretty catchy.

One of the best and traditional remedies is to have a few beers with someone you like.
Preferably around a BBQ. Not too many people are necessary, one will do. M or F, doesn't matter.
James glad to hear you are feeling better.

·
Registered
nissan
2,202 Posts
By no means have i read this whole thread, only the first few and last few posts, but this is how it sounds to me, Wahaha :(WaaaaHaaaWahwah sook :( slobber sook.

What happened to the days when a man would just deal with his problems?, instead of sooking to anyone who'll listen.

"i'm feeling a bit down today fellas":(,,,:rolleyes: Leave the whinging to people who actually have something to whinge about.
Wow man no need to be such an ass. No one requested your solitary and negative input, did your mum never tell you if you don't have anything nice to say, say nothing at all?

·
Registered
nissan patrol
43 Posts
Wow man no need to be such an ass. No one requested your solitary and negative input, did your mum never tell you if you don't have anything nice to say, say nothing at all?
Agreed ! That bloke needs to get out of the dark ages and realize male depression is a real and serious thing.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,351 Posts
Interesting point. Humans are social by nature and the old (commonly Anglo Saxon) standard of presenting yourself to society as society wants to see you (aka stiff upper lip) rather than who you really are has led lots of social issues. I'm not suggesting men should running around crying but being honest and having a chat or asking for input never hurts

By no means have i read this whole thread, only the first few and last few posts, but this is how it sounds to me, Wahaha :(WaaaaHaaaWahwah sook :( slobber sook.

What happened to the days when a man would just deal with his problems?, instead of sooking to anyone who'll listen.

"i'm feeling a bit down today fellas":(,,,:rolleyes: Leave the whinging to people who actually have something to whinge about.

·
Registered
nissan
21,635 Posts
Onya JohnH. Yep. Some poor buggers need a hand and talking about it is a start. I guess it helps to know that a lot of us have been in crap street at one time or another.

It's not new but for the first few times dealing with it isn't easy. Does get better as you go along.

Anyhow it's shutdown for me now. I've got a few grogs to deal with.

·
Registered
nissan
615 Posts
sounds like you need to fire the patrol up and go for a sunset drive on the beach........... and then give it a good gassing.. that will put a smile back on your face

·
Registered
nissan
430 Posts

Are those the same old days where a man would take his unhappiness out on his wife and kids?

The same old days when we would lose friends and family because they were too afraid of the stigma attached to asking for help?

Now i'm no SNAG, and i may or may not be on my 4th stubie but i really don't think your statement is based on a great deal of wisdom or experience on the subject.

·
What Have I Done?
nissan
5,122 Posts
james008, im proud of you bro, for confidin in us here, and others too.
All sorts of stuff attribute to us feeling down these days.
Theres lots we worry about, when really we have absolutely no control over alot of the time.

Just ignore steel's comments, he's been taken over by new age metals these days like Aluminium.:rolleyes:

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
11,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
By no means have i read this whole thread, only the first few and last few posts, but this is how it sounds to me, Wahaha :(WaaaaHaaaWahwah sook :( slobber sook
Come on dude, leave the smart ass remarks to Ray.

So talking about problems isn't an effective way to deal with them? Is beating women better? You must be an expert, you're on the internet! :D

Which, I must say, is impressive for someone who seems to have ideals buried firmly in the the 1950's.

Are you sure you weren't buried in the Tulna time vault with Miss Belvedere?

And really, I'm not some over sensetive guy, but talking about issues is really no big deal and most people (as evidenced in this thread) are more than happy to listen and to do their bit to input.
Thanks again fellas!

·
Registered
nissan
2,994 Posts
I'm of the opinion that only real men admit when their feeling down. Someone who doesn't give a **** if someone think's they're a "sook", and actually has the balls to admit their feelings and confide in his mates.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts

Cmon Steel man,we all need to have a chat about hard times every now and then.Good to talk

·
Registered
nissan
11,174 Posts
i currently have plenty of days where i have felt better within myself. my favourite remedy isnt a 6 pack(why drink a depressant when feeling depressed, really only makes you feel worse most times) its just sit down and listen to a few tunes. for me a bit of music can sort just about all of the worlds problems and always puts me in a better and less somber mood.
and honesty if you and the girl are on the rocks. sit down and talk it out. get all the issues out in the air. they wont fix themselves. and in the end you will know where you both stand. weather there is no point in flogging a dead horse anymore or things will become peaches and cream again. but seriously work this out. you will be alot happier either way if you know where you stand.

due to some of my choices in life. i live away from everyone inc the gf. and i can tell you some days you just feel like giving up and saying fark it. but at the end of the day you gotta keep your chin up. always look for the positives in any situation and live life with no regrets.
do that and youll be feeling better in no time.

·
Banned
2,050 Posts

Hi,

Not sure where you got your name, a thief that cant spell or just a tool. ( most are made of steel ) If you dont like the thread and if you read it all why even comment ? This forum is about a number of things, and general discussion is just that. No one is asking for a group hug, just saying they had a bad day. When you are down you may not see things in perspective, and that is why others can help you. Just like when a Patrol needs fixing, we ask and get help. We have had Forum members take them selves out, hence the RUOK thread. Dont kick a man when he is down. Now that you have seen your shadow, why dont you get back under your rock. Do you like sex and travel ? Then F^ck off.

Regards B M

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
Love your work BM!

·
Registered
Nissan
6,063 Posts
And from, unfortunately, first hand experience its often the ones that say nothing at all that end up taking their own lives................

Cheers

Justin

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
And from, unfortunately, first hand experience its often the ones that say nothing at all that end up taking their own lives................
This was going to be the general gist of my reply to Steel, but I decided not to bother... some men you just can't reach.

·
Registered
Nissan
6,063 Posts
This was going to be the general gist of my reply to Steel, but I decided not to bother... some men you just can't reach.
To the best of my knowleged nobody (or at least very very rarely) ever says after a suicide/attempted suicide: yep saw that happening a mile off knew it was on the cards. Or something to that effect.

It's much much more a case of: I can't believe they killed or attempted to kill themselves I NEVER knew anything was wrong.

Cheers

Justin

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
11,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
To the best of my knowleged nobody (or at least very very rarely) ever says after a suicide/attempted suicide: yep saw that happening a mile off knew it was on the cards. Or something to that effect.

It's much much more a case of: I can't believe they killed or attempted to kill themselves I NEVER knew anything was wrong.

Cheers

Justin
I completely agree.
The scary thing is, suicide is becoming more and more prevalent in society and a lot of the issue is that suicide is still a very "hush hush" issue. No one wants to discuss it.

There is help available, however those that consider taking their lives often don't seek help from these paths as they feel as though nothing can help them, so they don't bother trying. Suicide really needs to pushed more out into the open because in the South East of Melbourne (Not 100% on other areas) it's becoming an epidemic. There was a council forum held on it a month or two ago that was televised on ABC where council reps and community members spoke about the issue, what should be done about it, and their personal experiences. This is a great step in the right direction however holding the forum is one thing, actioning changes is another. And unfortunately, to my knowledge not a whole lot has been done yet.
Although the forum that was held focused on youth and those at school, I believe we do need to do something for those who have left school, and those who are older, as the issue is still prevalent.

While I, nor any of my mates are seemingly at risk of suicide, we all catch up for a beer or whatever on regularly and we know that we are all there to talk over problems with whoever needs it.
And I feel that this goes a long way, as does something as simple as posting it to a forum. Just to see that others are either going through, or have been through something similar, and can therefore offer advice, or just take your mind of things for while, it really helps.

Cheers.

·
Registered
9,664 Posts
Hey James, good on you for sharing. Ignore the Trolls who want to take you down for showing any emotion (other than anger), it really does help talking to others about problems and hearing others problems to put things in perspective. You are not alone, doesnt fix anything but it does take the burden off and help you see things more clearly so you can handle the ups and downs. You don't have to have anything big to moan about to feel really ShiI.

You gotta be better man for it, rather than hiding it away and letting it eat you inside.

As you said, it is really scary that suicide is becomming more prevalent and particularly in men living in the country and boys are about 4 times more likely to succeed in doing it. So talk as much as you need, it helps. I quite often get together with some men for a men's group, not to get pissed but to talk and share before it all getts too much to handle.

Tell steel to be a real man and soffen the fcuk up.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts