Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dose any body know is fiberglass panels and any good and if they look any good as it is impossibal to find any genuine front quater pannels for a gu ute and a mate has a mate in vic that makes fiberglass ones and they are a fair bit cheaper than buying brand new ones
cheerz

·
Registered
Nissan
97 Posts
Bob ( Turner?) at Fairline fibreglass makes them ( and a half dozen places that resell them claim them as 'theirs') but fairline is where they originate from.
02 6585 1934.

He can do them with flares or bigger openings if required.

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
If ya got contacts to a fibreglass guards manufacturer would ya get his contact details
A good quality fibreglass panel will be just as good a finish as metal
Corvette bodies are fibreglass,fibreglass hot bodies are everywhere
Comparing cost depends where you buy genuine from (massive % mark up)
And whos makin the fibreglass gear

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Still shocked nobody has got onto the fibreglass GU flairs yet...

Theres a massive market there to be grabbed.

If I could get hold of a complete set of flairs, I have a contact in China that can get them done. But its finding a complete set of flairs for under $20,000,000,000,000

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
Copyright laws,thats why

Once the design is registered you can keep renewing the copyright laws forever IF you want

OR
Alter the design 5% and you mite be right ???

Mate of mine makes those holden stickers,he has been threatened IF he doesnt stop
Selling and /or making

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,141 Posts
nearly right mate, its 25% and must be distinguishable by the layman.
Been through it many times and have never be done yet but very close.

You would have to do something like arctic trucks or square them off to get past nassan.

cheers Shane.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,215 Posts
Many years ago I got hold of a set of US IMSA RX7 panels which we took a mould of, just one set so no threat, but the question is interesting. Looked through Australian copyright laws and couldn't really find anything solid, this is from the US but I would think our laws would be very similar. The answer is not that simple.

http://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ14.pdf

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,090 Posts
I dont know about the panels but the bonnets are crap, got one on a comp car, it flaps and cracks, its about to get a cerimonial trip to the tip.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,141 Posts
Geeyoutoo, I have found over the years that big companies like Nissan are not real worried about some little bloke making a few casts of something and selling to their mates but its more the smaller guy that wants blood if he finds his copy rights have been reproduced.
Normally the big guys will send a letter to stop you making and thats that. But you would have to be brain dead to carry on.
The smaller guys can ask you to stop making and have the right to see your sales records and ask back the monies they have missed out on and if the product is inferior to theirs then some compensation is required.

Anyone going to copy something to sell should do a search for the product as sometimes a patent pending is taken out but not followed through on. this is to cover them for a short time so no one else can produce the item and they get the market first. I would also see a patents attorney before they start, this is only about $100/$200 and money well spent.

Shane.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts