Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Just wondering what everybody has used for a filter on there stainless steel snorkels? At the end of them so you don't get rocks and such down there

Cheers, jason

·
Registered
nissan
50 Posts
Hi,
I've got a three inch stainless snorkle and i used a droopie filter(see picture), the rubber ring at the top holds it in place. Picked it up from my local TJM for about 20 bucks from memory, I dont know if they make a 4 inch one though.
Hope this helps
Cheers

·
Registered
290 Posts
Anyone have any new info on a filter to go ontop of the 4" snorkel for real dusty work?

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,174 Posts
Anyone have any new info on a filter to go ontop of the 4" snorkel for real dusty work?
i cut up one of my girlfriends old stockings and put it over the end with a hose clamp. cheap and easy and it does the job

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
i cut up one of my girlfriends old stockings and put it over the end with a hose clamp. cheap and easy and it does the job

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
come.on admit it they were your stockings :)

·
Registered
nissan
2,029 Posts
i ran a K&N, 9" long x 7" diameter to suit 4" pipe. If your really desperate i can go out and get the part no. They do make shorter ones though if you have another filter as well.

·
Registered
Nissan
16 Posts
I have a piece of termi-mesh fitted at the top of mine. It is a super fine stainless mesh, I put it in so people couldn't put stuff down the snorkel. For a filter I am using a 2.8 Hilux uni-filter as it fits over 4" pipe.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
893 Posts
Look up uni filter there are some that fit inside and some that also go over the ram head Tim sells the sock ones

·
Registered
nissan
884 Posts
I had a foam filter made for the top of my snorkel from UNIFILTER, was like $10. BEST THING I HAVE EVER DONE. That pre filter gets filthy, while the pod in my airbox looks almost brand new.

You can just see on this picture how it sits.

Attachments

·
Registered
290 Posts
Yeah I have a uni filter on my safari at the moment was just going to cut that ram head filter up and slip over and fix with hose clamp on top of 4" snorkel when it turns up

Reactions: miklie
1 - 15 of 15 Posts