Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
went awesome once i put the turbo on. Didnt drive it much today but mainly put the cooler on just to keep temps down :)

·
Registered
nissan
94 Posts
Looks good, what core size is that cooler and will you have to cut through the bonnet bracing to fit the scoop? Also are you going to fit a thermo fan to it for the slow stuff? Looking at doing a similar setup for mine. cheers

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think pretty much any scoop u put on these u will have to cut the bracing hey. The core size it 270X300X76mm and Overall Size 450x300x76mm. My mate just put one of these on his GU with a thermo fan under it sucking air though but theres no way i have the room to get a fan on mine in a GQ

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
where the original plastic hose is joined on keep an eye on it.
it may deform and come loose after a while.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nar don't know what brand of cooler it is. Got it off eBay :). Thank MikeH that joins hopefully only temperory as I'm looking for a gu airbox but so hard to find hey

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Waddy,

What type of Scoop you fitting, Have you considered something like what is on the Rodeo or Jackeroo Turbo- instead of the small GU one.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have one off a d22 narvara don't know how it's going to look with the in dent in the GQ bonnet. Guess we will see soon :)

·
If you drive a box you get box
1,115 Posts
looks the goods, nice chunky setup

bet those silicone bends wouldnt have been cheap though

·
Registered
325 Posts
Yeah!? I really like the look of the D22 vent, been wait for someone to put one on to see what it looks like on a GQ.. Post pics when done!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah it is. Still all good. I modified it a bit to suit what I wanted but seems to be holding strong

·
Registered
nissan
570 Posts
nice job. very very similar to my system, but a lot smaller, my core is 400x400x75. Your core is same thickness as mine, and I have a 250mm fan under it, no body lift. Tight but has clearance. Also be careful with your rear mount, you have effectively attached your engine to the firewall. We welded a horizontal T bracket to the engine lift bracket at the rear of the engine for the 2 bolts at the rear of the core.

·
Registered
nissan
240 Posts
It is not attached to the firewall at all... All the mounts go to the engine.. the rear ones go to the intake manifold on the rhs and to the exhaust manifold on the lhs.

·
Registered
nissan
113 Posts
Have you thought about making a heat shield for the exhaust manifold to reduce heat transfer to the intercooler?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts