Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi there,

I've been surfing this site for while now but I have finally bit the bullet and traded in the NS diesel pajero for a 4.8 Ti. Colour is red earth, and I love it. Always wanted a 4.8. Ahhhhh finally

I'll post some pics later

Anyways, thought I share that with you.

Cheers

·
Registered
202 Posts
oh thats sweet i just bought a beige 4.8 ti tonight:) we should exchange comments.

·
Registered
nissan
68 Posts
Congrats, the 4.8 is awesome for power and family touring, cheers

·
Registered
nissan
270 Posts
Dad just upgraded the 4.5 to the 4.8, Loads more power, Absolutely love it!!! First mod should definatly be LPG. Cuts the running costs in half! I love the power and imagine you will too! Congrats on a wonderful choice!!!

·
Registered
nissan
89 Posts
Dad just upgraded the 4.5 to the 4.8, Loads more power, Absolutely love it!!! First mod should definatly be LPG. Cuts the running costs in half! I love the power and imagine you will too! Congrats on a wonderful choice!!!
True till you do a head and pay back the fuel savings as a lump sum to the mechanic. After owning 2 LPG powered trucks and the associated failures due to LPG I am convinced now it's great for running a BBQ but crap for cars.

·
Registered
nissan
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for the comments guys. 4by is on lpg but im not sure if its old setup or direct injection. is there a easy way to tell? its an impco model.

I think its so much better built then pajero. paj has done 50ks and already started to develop rattles and annoying squeaks.

here is a photo of the beast. its a 04 model done 89kms. its standard apart from the bf AT's.

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu3 4.8
118 Posts
Nice rig. Ensure you have the shims checked and adjusted every 20,000kms ezpecially that its on LPG. Other thing, don't let the 4.8 get hot!

As for the LPG system, whether its injected or old mixer setup, check if there is a big metal cylinder with LPG hoses in and out of it? If yes, its a old system. The mixer usually is on the right side of the motor when you face the engine from the front. I have a old mixer setup on mine and am very pleased with the smooth power throughout the rev range. I get about 25 litres per 100kms on LPG in town. I have 2 years left on my system, might upgrade the system then.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu3 4.8
118 Posts
P.S. ensure you have Morey's valve protection system or such like to protect the valves.

·
Registered
nissan
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks for that mate. i think its an old setup then. definatley putting the valve saver in. As for shims, pardon my ignorance ist that the clearnce on the valves?

cheers

muz

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu3 4.8
118 Posts
familyrig, yes its for valve clearances.

fngcairns, I am not sure about TCW3 I recall that TCW3 is a 2 stroke motor oil which i used it for my outboard motor.

Cheers
Gaz

·
Registered
nissan
27 Posts
Welcome to the DARK side. The troll looks good.. Enjoy :idiot:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts