Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After alot of stuffing around deciding what power level I was chasing I went with a UFI 18g billet, DC6 230hp pump and plazmaman front mount. Now I do tow my boat every second weekend and a MX trailer aswell, sometimes on long trips over range's ect. So what I was chasing was a reliable "safe" tune that wouldn't need to be drivin to a EGT guage. I took my Q to DieselTuner at Caboolture Mechanical and he tuned it perfectly for what I asked. End result was 225rwhp, very clean tune and it drives unreal!!!! Special thanks to 425OOT for help with the install and all of the advice/support given along the way, cheers guys.

Attachments

Reactions: Redrider45

·
Registered
nissan patrol stl
14 Posts
So envious right now 89GQT :mrgreen:... Great tune Lins.

Just wondering which plazaman unit you used? I'm am looking at something along those lines.

·
Registered
nissan
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
nissan
2,406 Posts
Sweet. Question though..is that graph showing 10psi just before 2000rpm and 18:1?... seems a bit slow for an 18G with a decent airbox.

·
Registered
nissan
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes it does, probly due to me running the old cylinder style radius airbox. Got it cheap of a forum member and it allowed me to keep my duel battery. It dosnt feel laggy at all to drive. Pisses on the old schwitzer setup lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan patrol stl
14 Posts
Thanks 89. I was thinking that, they are pretty reputable coolers I think. What is the idea behind the billet wheel, lighter, spool times?

I like all your other complimentary mods too, sweet setup. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
nissan
130 Posts
Good result. How long did yours take to get fitted, mines been in the workshop for ages getting very impatient

·
Registered
nissan
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Billet wheel makes smoother better power at high psi. I did the fittup of everything except the facet lift pump and the dc6 pump mate. They had my truck for a couple of days but say they would have worked on other vehicles in that time aswell.

·
Registered
nissan
130 Posts
No worries. I'm going with a 16 large with fmic Fatz box and snorkel with a front entry manifold on a series IV itching to get it back. Hoping for 130-140 rwkw. You must be happy with the drivability was it turbo before?

·
Registered
A45 AMG, Ranger :(
1,163 Posts
Billet wheel allows a more intricate compressor wheel design versus a cast one, essentially for the same size wheel/turbine it can move more air without adding lag.

·
Registered
nissan
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Really happy Mick79, it drives so good now I just wanna drive it round OZ!! lol It was turbo but the old denco (schwitzer) kit was just junk. I sold the entire kit including exhaust for $400 and still felt like I was ripping the bloke off.

·
Registered
nissan patrol stl
14 Posts
Thanks msports180. 89 good to see you fitted as much as you could yourself (insert salute). I was hoping to do the same. Sounds like the billet wheel option is the way to go, dollars pending of course.

89 and mick 79 what type of intake manifold are you running. 50mm raised lid with a front entry pointing at 3 & 4 like scubas? Just trying to get some ideas for my FMIC setup.

·
Registered
nissan
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Redrider45 I bought a manifold off a bloke that makes them local to me. I paid $450 for it and while it's not the best design out there it defenatly does it's job.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,326 Posts
Thanks msports180. 89 good to see you fitted as much as you could yourself (insert salute). I was hoping to do the same. Sounds like the billet wheel option is the way to go, dollars pending of course.

89 and mick 79 what type of intake manifold are you running. 50mm raised lid with a front entry pointing at 3 & 4 like scubas? Just trying to get some ideas for my FMIC setup.
Il post a pic of mine tomorrow. Basically the same as scubas but not as pretty... There is just enough room between the bonnet and hoses to shut.
The noise of my truck now is like a 'get the fark out of my way noise' lol glad I don't haves strait through exhaust..! It would be torture!

·
Registered
nissan
130 Posts
Mine is front entry, 100mm lift at the front tapering to 50mm at the back. Entry is on 45 degree angle so it faces 3&4 cylinders.

·
Registered
nissan patrol stl
14 Posts
Thanks fellas all very helpfully. 89 yours is quite interesting it's like a hybrid between old mavs and scuba design, well done. Finished nicely too.

Simcoe did you recently have yours tuned by DT at caboolture exhaust and mechanical?

Mick 79 aim thinking exactly that based off scuba/ bambill designs. How have you run you cold side, sweeping over the top of the power steering resivour ?

·
Registered
nissan
130 Posts
I'll try to organise some pics tomorrow.... Still getting fabbed up by Lindsay. I did request 2.5 hot side and 3 inch cold side, not sure if they will move the ps pump a bit or not

·
Registered
5,326 Posts
Thanks fellas all very helpfully. 89 yours is quite interesting it's like a hybrid between old mavs and scuba design, well done. Finished nicely too.

Simcoe did you recently have yours tuned by DT at caboolture exhaust and mechanical?

Mick 79 aim thinking exactly that based off scuba/ bambill designs. How have you run you cold side, sweeping over the top of the power steering resivour ?
Nah nah, I was going to make the drive from Newy to have the pump fitted/tunes etc but just couldn't make time..
My set up is running quite rich at the moment with the new pump and my egt gauge seems to be on the fritz! I emailed swaff all the dyno print outs and he is just awaiting me to fit a new egt gauge with probe in the manifold before I get schooled on taking the fuel out equally!

·
Registered
nissan
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Drives good 92 and it's safe! Towing the polycraft 4.5m yesterday up a hill that used to see mid 400's only seen 310!! And it used heaps less fuel aswell.

Reactions: 92GQ
1 - 20 of 196 Posts