Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to upgrade from the flexy '84 Hilux I've loved fro years to something abit more comfortable for touring and D2D use.

I've been trying to solve the Cruiser Vs Patrol question and since I've preferred the look of the Patrols since the GQ was introduced I've decided to go for a GU.

I don't know much at all about Patrols and I'm hoping you guys can help me out with some info.

The truck will be my daily driver, I cover anywhere between 800 - 1200 k's a week so whatever I get it will need to be as economical as possible.

When it's not being used for work I'll hopefully be away touring 1 - 2 weeks at a hit.

Now I'd normally go for a diesel, but I'm wondering, how thirsty are the petrol motors?

What I think I'd like to end up with is 4.2 turbo diesel, not sure what year though? Cruise control would be nice, must have AC and pwr steering. A comfortable ride would be great as well.

So is one model/year better than another for ride quality and motor reliability etc?

I know what I want on the truck, but I don't know which year/model of Patrol to look for? My budget will be around $25K

Thanks for any help.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts