Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I herd that the first patrol to cross the simpson desert
has been found and the ones that found it are rebuilding back to the way it was when it made the crossing is this true and if so where is it...

·
Gunner
nissan patrol
4,165 Posts
I'd be interested to have a look at this.

·
Registered
nissan
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A BLOKE IN ADELAIDE has it and is rebuilding it and I was told it will go on display in ARKAROOLA when finished thats what we were told....maybe just another X file........

·
Gunner
nissan patrol
4,165 Posts
Buddy4.2

Do you know if there is a link to it. Best you interrorgate your source for details, haha.

Chinese Water Torture works well, lol

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,874 Posts
It's a lie.
Trust me. ;)

·
Registered
nissan
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not a LIE got the info from oz explore it was a soft top has the blokes name who has it.The man who ownd the G60 and drove it 3 times I might ad throw the simpson was reg sprgg they went west to east and it was called at that time a datson patrol with 3 speed gear box . HA HA hows that for a lie mic

·
Registered
nissan gq swb
477 Posts
Used to have a G60 traytop years ago. Gearbox had no syncro on 1st gear.
If you knew how to drive them, you had 5 gears to play with:cool:
Engine was the same as the Austin 6 cylinder. (Toyota Landcruiser used a Chev based 6)

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,874 Posts
Just trying to wind ya up mate. But ya called me!

Got any pics yet?

·
Registered
nissan
1,527 Posts
I thought I saw it a while ago on TV, I think it was Landline??

·
Registered
nissan
573 Posts
If you are interested in the history and the trip that Reg and Griselda Sprigg did, then you should read her book, "Dune is a Four Letter Word". The vehicles in that trip, 1962, were a petrol Nissan (datsun), Toyota, and International Scout. In the pictures in the book, they all look to be short wheel base. The Spriggs were Geological surveyors/explorers. The most likely reason it will be at Arkaroola, is because they developed the old sheep station into the sanctuary it is today. enjoy the book, Lana.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts