Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gday Fellow forum members,
Have just purchased a 8/2002 GU111 3.0 TD di manual ST.
125000ks like new condition with 2 inch lift, Nissan winch bar and spotties, boost guage, and standard apart from that. I know its been done to death but please tell me the next steps to proceed with in making this magnnficent truck even better.

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
Reactions: Bozz

·
Premium Member
nissan
7,028 Posts
Welcome Bozz, lots of good knowledge and help here. Have a read of the info Squalo linked to, especially the stuff on NADS. You have a vehicle from the high risk "Grenade" time period and would do well to include some of the mods in the NADS system. They aren't expensive and could save you an engine. Enough of the doom and gloom, lots of info here on places to go and what you need to do to your truck to get there.

Cheers,

·
Registered
nissan
4,831 Posts
First thing to do is make sure missu doesn't have access to bank balance or credit card statements, then let the nev3r ending money depleting mods start:)
Welcome mate!

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,201 Posts
Nah! don't have to spend a motsa, 2 3/4" exhaust (my preference over 3" for the DI), block EGR , well setup Dawes and Needle and that will do you for some time (you don't mention an EGT gauge, this is a major component in managing a DI), you will pick up torque and Hp just from those few items. Once you start looking at upgraded intercoolers etc, then we start to talk a bit of money, but if your only after a tourer with a bit more grunt and you won't be towing anything larger than a camper then you don't need anything more.

Being an 8th month build you also missed out on the dodgy 5th gear the rest of us early owners got, mines a 2000GUII.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts