Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1315 Posts

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Surely there must be some keen Patrol owner fishemen (fisherpersons) out there, maybe we could get some good photo's and info etc for future trips. For example, next year I'm dragging my camper with tinnie up to the Cape on a Barra, Queenie and GT mission.
Here is a starting point. Sunny Coast Cobia.

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan
1,528 Posts
Cobia off the front of Mackay Harbour a while back. Not quite sure where I hooked him up, as only check the troll line every hour or so.

Attachments

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, I can see I need to move up from my original Cobe post. GT's don't ya love em!!!!!!

Attachments

·
"Toxic Personality"
nissan
8,962 Posts
Cupel of fish from my way, heaps of trout over 1kilo browns and rainbows, carp up to 94cm, freshwater crayfish (this one 54cm but we have got them up to over 70cm!) nearly 1kilo redfin. etcetc. all caught on 4lb line or less.

Attachments

·
Quickest Tyre Deflator On The Market
nissan
3,026 Posts
My first Sambo, 56lbs, mind you I was a fair bit younger then, still pretty good lookn tho, heh heh:D

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice Sambo Ferret, Got a mate who chases them over your way off Rotty, he raves about them, got to do that one day. But in WA I did pick up a 23kg Jewfish off 80 mile beach just below Broome a few years back, still looking for the photo.

·
Quickest Tyre Deflator On The Market
nissan
3,026 Posts
Nice Sambo Ferret, Got a mate who chases them over your way off Rotty, he raves about them, got to do that one day. But in WA I did pick up a 23kg Jewfish off 80 mile beach just below Broome a few years back, still looking for the photo.
23 kilos eh, that'd be worth about $1700 on todays market, my best jewie was only 17.5.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
23 kilos eh, that'd be worth about $1700 on todays market, my best jewie was only 17.5.
I was actually fishing for Threadfin at the time, don't know who got the bigger surprise, me or the Jewie. She did manage to destroy my old traveling egg beater by the time I had landed her.

·
Registered
nissan
53 Posts
Some great fishy pics guys!!
First pic is my biggest barra(lake monduran), next is a bass from our local dam(Clarrie Hall), then a toga from Lake Borumbah north of the sunnycoast. I love fishing the sweetwater, we have some awesome native species. We also fish the salt when we're after a feed. I'd love to target tuna and GT's a bit more.
Cheers Kim.

Attachments

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow Themissus,
Thats a great barra, Got to be 1 metre plus, makes my best 800mm barra look a bit sick.
Found earlier mentioned photo of WA 80 mile Beach Jew.
P.S. disregard Jeep in the background!!

Attachments

·
Go Hard or Go Home
3,197 Posts
Some great fishy pics guys!!
First pic is my biggest barra(lake monduran), next is a bass from our local dam(Clarrie Hall), then a toga from Lake Borumbah north of the sunnycoast. I love fishing sweet water, we have some awesome native species. We also fish the salt when we're after a feed. I'd love to target tuna and GT's a bit more.
Cheers Kim.
Awesome fish there Kim.

Love the cap that you are wearing as well, Go the Mighty Maroons....

·
Registered
nissan
53 Posts
Cheers guy's she went 115cm and was too heavy for me to lift. The impoundment barra are way thicker/heaver than the wild fish. The Bosses biggest is 121cm...but I can't seem to lay my hands on a photo:rolleyes::D A friend landed a 126cm a few weeks ago. We're back up there in a few weeks I can't wait.
Cheers Kim.

QUEENSLANDER!!!!!!!

·
Registered
nissan
135 Posts
Some nice fish there!

Here is a couple of mulloway in my 100L esky. I had to trim the big one and fold it up to get it to fit.
Somewhere on the south coast of WA. 25lb line. A lot of fun!

Sculls.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
1 - 20 of 1315 Posts