Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1301 - 1312 of 1312 Posts

·
just a good guy.
2009 gu crd ute
8,111 Posts
Nope. Chum is when someone continually throws up over the side of the boat. Burley is when you get sick of the smell and throw him overboard.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
So Troy is burley.

·
Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
25,369 Posts
As part of the boat fitout Ive been tasked by my mate and my missus to build tackle storage into the side pockets under the gunwales. Any ideas would be appreciated. Expecially if anyone has experience with vertical lure management. The gunwales are around 5.5" wide measured from the underside and the pocket entries are around 4.5" wide. Pockets are around 5' 10" long

·
Premium Member
25,369 Posts
New boat New adventures and came at a great price. Has 2 sounders a lowrance hds 9 and a garmin 8412.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
Very very nice. Love the big Stacers. Getting rid of the 619 Ocean Runner is still something my mate and I regret.
The newer Ocean Ranger looks a lot sleeker so should ride a fair bit softer than the Ocean Runner. (Not that it was overly harsh but it is a tinny after all) We had the HDS7 in ours. Always wished we went for the 9 for the larger screen. Bloody good gps sounder.
You will have a ball in it.

·
Premium Member
Patrol Hybrid.
11,884 Posts
I’m getting a little more mature and a little less fit as the days go by. I now wear a self inflating life jacket every time I go out in the boat, doesn’t matter if it’s river or ocean.
Anyone else do the same?

·
Registered
nissan gq
1,475 Posts
I’m getting a little more mature and a little less fit as the days go by. I now wear a self inflating life jacket every time I go out in the boat, doesn’t matter if it’s river or ocean.
Anyone else do the same?
Don't sharks prefer floating lures ??:oops:

Cheers,G.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Anyone else do the same?
Certainly do as I fish solo a fair bit, the only time I don't is when I'm on my mates big game boat.

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
25,369 Posts
Anyone else do the same?
Bought my missus a self inflating lifejacket as she prefers to wear it most of the time.. My 150 isn't a inflating one so its only usually on for bar crossings.

·
Every dog has his day
nissan
18,225 Posts
My trusty old 2 speed okuma was making grinding noises on high speed and generally a bit unhealthy after its last outing. I know nothing about the internals so resigned myself to the fact I was probably up for a replacement after 15 or so years. Nothing too flash but a sentimental favourite, has caught plenty of Spaniards, wahoo, Tuna, mulloway and a sailfish largely from Steep Point where it has been at the business end of a balloon rig for a good dozen to 15 trips or so.

So with nothing to lose I pulled it apart anyway... lubricated everything, tightened a couple of items I suspect were a little loose, and carefully put it back together. Much to my pleasant surprise it’s as smooth as a baby’s bum and lives to fight another day! More money to spend on the patrol 😆

The 50lb braid on it is the same age as the reel, they don’t make it like they used to. No need to replace it. Just have to add 80m of 80lb mono leader before next Steep Point trip. I also got the spring out and reset the strike drag.

As I said, nothing too flash but plenty of sentimental value and certainly does the business, hasn’t failed me yet!

1301 - 1312 of 1312 Posts