Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1341 - 1360 of 1422 Posts

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Went to refill the boat fuel tank but only had half the required amount of my Mercury 2 stroke oil left but I have plenty of 2 stroke oil for my whipper snipper. Only thing is it says in bold writing not for marine use, what's the go here? I've used non-marine oil previously with no dramas but I only just noticed the warning today
Air cooled engines run hotter so the oil is formulated to burn at a higher temperature, if oil for air cooled engines is used in a marine engine it may not burn efficiently therefore fouling the spark plugs.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
12,205 Posts
Went to refill the boat fuel tank but only had half the required amount of my Mercury 2 stroke oil left but I have plenty of 2 stroke oil for my whipper snipper. Only thing is it says in bold writing not for marine use, what's the go here? I've used non-marine oil previously with no dramas but I only just noticed the warning today
Time to get a four stroke.

·
Registered
563 Posts
🤦‍♂️ how did that not occur to me. I was even trying to think of why just then when I was running the outboard up at home with the hose thing attached for water cooling. Hahaha, probably explains why it tends to smoke more at times too.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
12,205 Posts
What size motor?

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
22,423 Posts

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
12,205 Posts
Went out yesterday, nice day, a little windy, got a fish that was smaller than my bait 🙄 then a toad came up, would have been 400mm, used to see them in Bowen. Mate caught an undersized mackerel on the way back.
Bloody accessory switch playing up again, today the radio and chart plotter are being rewired without the accessory switch.

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
22,423 Posts
Yeah caught some big toad fish up there when we first took the boat up. Bloody big mongrel things that put up a good fight and then you see it and that's when, ya wish ya had a shot gun out wiff ya! 🤬;)

Foo

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
12,205 Posts
I bought a hand held marine radio with scan function. When I picked it up I found that the scan function only covers channels that you program in. OK, channel 16 is the VMR so that goes in. What others should I put in?

·
just a good guy.
2020 jeep Cherokee / 2009 gu ute
8,260 Posts
I bought a hand held marine radio with scan function. When I picked it up I found that the scan function only covers channels that you program in. OK, channel 16 is the VMR so that goes in. What others should I put in?
Hope helps.
au-vhf-channel-decal.jpg

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
12,205 Posts
Got one of those, would like specific channels to program in. Spying on the people who are catching fish. I have the main radio in the boat to listen to vmr. Just thought there may be some secret squirrel channels that I should monitor.

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
22,423 Posts
Got one of those, would like specific channels to program in. Spying on the people who are catching fish. I have the main radio in the boat to listen to vmr. Just thought there may be some secret squirrel channels that I should monitor.
T-roy should know, he's a sticky beak. :censored:

Foo

·
Registered
CRD Wagon
849 Posts
Nah it's a really early 390 Hornet model, narrower body but with the extra wide gunwales/gunnels (not really sure which is more correct haha) which I prefer.
Did your trailer roll back into the dam!?

Yours looks super light, what size is that in the explorer range is that 350? Feet means nothing to me lol
Nah wanted to soak and neutralise any dried on salt. Could have been pissing into the wind and had my concerns about the bearings, but I'd rather potentially change bearings than steel cross members.

Mine's a Jabiru. 3.4M and was a car topper for the previous owner.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Looks perfect except all the places I've smashed into things. It's had a bloody hard life seeing as though i've owned it since I was 18 and done some really dumb chit to it.

1341 - 1360 of 1422 Posts