Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1381 - 1400 of 1421 Posts

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,381
There's barra up the Susan near that holiday camp place, isn't there?

Foo
Just made me remember, we hear of Barra being caught ocassionally in the backblocks of the Maroochy and Mooloola River, back in the early 2000's when I first moved up here, I had a Canadian Canoe, was in Coolum Creek one morning and had tied myself to a fallen tree near a canefield weir while I had a few casts for Mangove Jack. After several casts I had a massive hit on retrieval right beside the canoe, the water swirled and rose and this massive Barra rolled on the surface and went straight into the sunken branches, never to be seen again. So the rumours are true. Sold the canoe not long after and the creek was too overgroan to get a boat up there so never tried again.

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
22,375 Posts
Just made me remember, we hear of Barra being caught ocassionally in the backblocks of the Maroochy and Mooloola River, back in the early 2000's when I first moved up here, I had a Canadian Canoe, was in Coolum Creek one morning and had tied myself to a fallen tree near a canefield weir while I had a few casts for Mangove Jack. After several casts I had a massive hit on retrieval right beside the canoe, the water swirled and rose and this massive Barra rolled on the surface and went straight into the sunken branches, never to be seen again. So the rumours are true. Sold the canoe not long after and the creek was too overgroan to get a boat up there so never tried again.
There is also a spot in the Logan River or Albert River, where they have been caught, pretty sure it is the Logan.

Foo

·
Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
25,375 Posts
They have been caught in the lake at sovereign waters in Wellington point as well
That was about 20 yr ago
There have been some huge jacks amongst other species caught in there over the last few months. A mate of mine is a regular there. His mate caught this one.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
22,375 Posts
Holy crap! 😲

Foo

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
22,375 Posts
FML Softy smiles

Nice catch mate

From the way he's all rugged up like an Eskimo, he is more than likely, shivering like a dog chittin razor blades. :unsure: 🤣

Foo

·
Registered
nissan
86 Posts
There have been some huge jacks amongst other species caught in there over the last few months. A mate of mine is a regular there. His mate caught this one.

So that was caught in the lake the Barra that was caught there was massive I’ll have to check with a mate how big it was I know of 2 blokes catching them there

·
Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
25,375 Posts
So that was caught in the lake the Barra that was caught there was massive I’ll have to check with a mate how big it was I know of 2 blokes catching them there
Don't you wish they would let us fish the dams/water hazzards at the Carbrook golf course occasionally? There are some massive fish in there.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
12,160 Posts
When we went out yesterday the fuel gauge ceased to function, initially worked then just stopped, the boat had not been covered and rained on, the gauges fogged up. I’ve looked at the back and wriggled the wires, the only thing that changed was when the ignition was turned on the needle flicked lower. I don’t know much about gauges, could it have been sensitive enough to have been affected by the moisture? This is the back of it.
7942AE58-95C3-4E89-8E1F-D2DDC19AD04A.jpeg

·
Registered
nissan
877 Posts
Can you pull the sender unit out of the tank and move the float to see if it makes the gauge move . You could be looking at the wrong end

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
12,160 Posts
Can you pull the sender unit out of the tank and move the float to see if it makes the gauge move . You could be looking at the wrong end
Yes, I thought of that, lot of stuff to undo, plus the moisture bit in the gauge and the fact it was working for a while. Moisture and salt are not a good combination.

·
Here To Be Entertained
Currently not a vehicle owner
11,840 Posts
Don't you wish they would let us fish the dams/water hazzards at the Carbrook golf course occasionally? There are some massive fish in there.

There's some bloody big bull sharks in there

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
12,160 Posts
Election is over, I found one of these. 600 x 900 mm. I’ll cut it into cards 100 x 150 mm, put some slits in the 100mm ends and wind my pre-tied droppers and traces on them. Label the line weight and Bob’s your uncle.
4252E691-7F36-481F-9864-0A500280689B.jpeg

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
12,160 Posts
Nice day on the water, one schoolie, mate got 4 grinners, we both busted a reel each and I got busted off and lost my best lure. Things you have to do when you self isolate.
BB80D0AB-6F44-4BD2-9F46-5EBE1C6D52A6.jpeg

·
Registered
nissan patrol
97 Posts
That's the last day of fishing, the wan-y QLD Gov has banned all boating activates according to ABC fakebook Sunshine Coast but you can still paddle a canoe for exercise
(n)(n):mad::mad:

1381 - 1400 of 1421 Posts