Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
2101 - 2120 of 2135 Posts

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
20,340 Posts
No photos, all fillets now, 6 school mackerel, 1 Mack tuna and 3 grinners that took towed lures the same size as them. A great day, really stuffed now.

·
Registered
2013 Patrol Y61 DX EX Telstra service body
193 Posts
RDO Friday for me and weather is looking good!
You better head for the coorong mate, Foodland have coorong mullet on special for $7.00 / 100 grams you could pay the house of in no time at all, just don't get caught selling it :rolleyes: or you'll lose the house.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
20,340 Posts
You better head for the coorong mate, Foodland have coorong mullet on special for $7.00 / 100 grams you could pay the house of in no time at all, just don't get caught selling it :rolleyes: or you'll lose the house.
Went into the co op to get some green prawns recently, shark fillets, $40/kg. 😳 We have trouble landing fish because of the sharks.

·
The Googlest, Apparently!
NP300
16,107 Posts
Cast nets are illegal for use in WA from what i was told a while back, are they legal in other parts of OZ?
Not correct.

All of WA's ocean waters are open to throw netting; excluding Sanctuary Zones in Marine parks/Reserves, total fishing exclusions zones, and any other area deemed a fish nursery, which is closed to all types of netting at all times. (And there are a lot of them).

You can not use them in rivers and inland waters south of the Ashburton River.

North of the Ashburton to the NT Border you can also use them in inland waters and rivers (with some exclusion zone exemptions).

Only one net may be carried and mesh sizes are regulated to max 25mm, max radius is 3m.

I used mine on Surf Beach (make sure you are well south of the Shoalwater Islands Marine Park), Silversands, Tims Thicket, Whitehills and Myalup (had a fisheries guy laughing at my feeble attempts to throw one when I first got it) south of Perth.

South of that watch out for the ever expanding group of Marine Parks / Exclusion zones that currently stretch from just north of Busselton (East Geography Bay Sanctuary zone) around to Augusta (East Flinders Bay SZ).

There are lots of areas north of Perth (Marmion Marine Park ) up to the Jurien Marine Park that are closed to cast nets. But there are also a few areas where you can use them.

I wasn't very good at it, but my mate could throw em a long way out and always caught lots of live bait.

Pished me off no end.

Now using it to catch live bait and prawns in the Burnett River Qld.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
20,340 Posts
It wasn’t all that long ago that flatties were considered as rubbish fish. As far as I’m concerned, they are one of the tastiest fish out there.

·
Registered
Was known as JT54_Y61 GU IV 08CRD Wag ST
1,766 Posts
Just arrived home, went back down to Melb to farewell another family member this week (twice this month). Gatherings you rather not have. At least had no car troubles this time, so dropped off and wet a line this morning at an old favourite gutter. No swell which was a shame (calm) though a pleasant morning was had. Slept in back of the Patrol and was not far from the mouth of the Snowy River.
Cloud Sky Water Afterglow Lake

Cloud Water Sky Water resources Afterglow

·
Registered
1998 2.8GU wagon
3,692 Posts
Seems like my old Himminbird fish finder has died, so need to replace it & I'm considering this one Garmin STRIKER Vivid 7sv Fishfinder / GPS Plotter With GT52HW-TM Transducer My boat's only a 4.2m V-nose punt, so I only use it in rivers, bays & lakes, never take it outside. It doesn't have map charts, unlike this one Lowrance Hook Reveal 7 Trip Fishfinder / GPS Combo Grey but the Garmin has a swivel base, so I can swing it round when I'm up on the front casting deck, the Lowrance is fixed.
Has anyone had any experience with these or recommend something else around the $600-$800 price range.

2101 - 2120 of 2135 Posts