Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
2141 - 2160 of 2191 Posts

· Registered
No Patrol :(
3,984 Posts
Myself & a few other members of our fly fishing club are driving up to Brisbane tomorrow to spend the day with one of the worlds best long distance fly casters. Hoping to pick up some new skills that we can then pass on to other club members.

· Premium Member
Nuffin now
30,116 Posts
Myself & a few other members of our fly fishing club are driving up to Brisbane tomorrow to spend the day with one of the worlds best long distance fly casters. Hoping to pick up some new skills that we can then pass on to other club members.
Put a sinker on it and I bet you can match him. 😁😇

Foo

· I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
22,506 Posts
There were three boats on that marker, we knew one of the blokes in one boat, the other looked to be a visitor, all of us were using livies, bloke we knew hooked up on a nice Queenie, it put up a good tussle but he got sharked when he was close to the visitors boat, (he’d turned off his spot lock). We and the visitors were anchored. Blow me down, one of the visitors stripped off and had a swim at the back of his boat. 😳
Anyway, they didn’t catch a fish, they were using wire traces. We don’t use wire, might get a few bite offs, but we get fish.

· I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
22,506 Posts
Went out yesterday, two and a half hours to get to the top of the island, got a small mack tuna on the way, started to drag some lures and my mate caught this beauty.
Water Glasses Boat Smile Sky

Released and it swam away.
Like Pitt St with the boats chasing marlin, just our luck, a fishing competition. I got a big hit but didn’t hook up. The winds were up and down, the swell unpredictable, but hell, we were fishing.
Headed for home with nothing except sun burn and wet clothes, decided to have a bit of a look at a spot that we catch mackerel. Mate got two nice ones and I boated three undersized ones. Only twenty minutes from the ramp. Filled up with fuel before home 59 litres in a 60 litre tank, we were carrying 20 litres with us.
A very long day. Knackered but happy.

· Premium Member
Nuffin now
30,116 Posts
Reactions: Yeti's Beast

· Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
57,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,156 ·
Lots of one legged seagulls and other seabirds out there. Those legs didn’t just fall off.
Have seen this in bait schools when chasing big Greenbacks and Skipjacks, etc, they don't mind a seagull foot or two when they land in the water to grab a bit of chopped up Pilchard.

2141 - 2160 of 2191 Posts