Patrol Hybrid.
22,498 Posts
Water didn’t feel too warm as we were crunching through the chop. 😖

• Haha
Reactions: Foo

· I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
22,498 Posts
As mentioned in another thread, a dolphin bludged some fresh bait from us while fishing. Was talking to a bloke at the tackle shop, that dolphin is a regular there, doesn’t seem to put the fish off the bite and he/she chases sharks away from peoples fish when they hook up. Apparently, no one gets ‘sharked’ when the dolphin is around.

· Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
57,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,164 ·
As mentioned in another thread, a dolphin bludged some fresh bait from us while fishing. Was talking to a bloke at the tackle shop, that dolphin is a regular there, doesn’t seem to put the fish off the bite and he/she chases sharks away from peoples fish when they hook up. Apparently, no one gets ‘sharked’ when the dolphin is around.
Quite some years ago I was 45k out at The Banks, we were about to leave the reef when a Dolphin swam to us, I fed it the last of our bait, then I noticed colour around its tail, bugga me it had fishing net wrapped around it, I spent around 30 minutes trying to get the netting off to no avail and the seas were building, we had to leave. I reported it to Marine World (from memory), then several weeks later I was talking to a charter boat skipper at Noosa Yacht Club and I mentioned the incident, he said the Dolphin had been like that for a while and moved between reefs, made me a bit happier.
On another occasion a big turtle swam up to the boat and looked at me, WTF, I fed him some bait and away he went. Sometime later I was at marine world with my young granddaughter and I got chatting to an employee and told him about it, he said it was likely a rescue Turtle that had gotten used to humans. Had a few weird experiences out at those reefs.

Patrol Hybrid.
22,498 Posts
Up at sparrows, boat loaded and head to the ramp 😳, no parking for streets, head to Point Vernon, same. Getting the boat in would have been ordinary, getting it out would not have been pleasant.
Boat is back under cover and looks like I’m having toasted sambos for lunch.
We’ll wait until all the tradies go back to work.

· Premium Member
Nuffin now
30,115 Posts
Up at sparrows, boat loaded and head to the ramp 😳, no parking for streets, head to Point Vernon, same. Getting the boat in would have been ordinary, getting it out would not have been pleasant.
Boat is back under cover and looks like I’m having toasted sambos for lunch.
We’ll wait until all the tradies go back to work.
Holiday time you need to be at the ramps at sunrise. ;)

Foo

Patrol Hybrid.
22,498 Posts

Foo
Before sunrise, sunrise was when we were there. 🙄
Retrieving would have been a nightmare. That’s the one that puts us off.

Reactions: Bidja

· Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
57,026 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,168 ·

Foo
Holiday time! Just don't go, to many 'inexperienced' boaties, I'd rather have leprosy than launch a boat at a public ramp this time of year 😱.

Patrol Hybrid.
22,498 Posts
We don't usually go on weekends and public holidays, today is the only day that the winds were going to be favourable. Too bad everyone else read the weather reports. 🤣🤣🤣 Plus a lot of tradies and businesses are closed.

Reactions: Foo and geeyoutoo

· Registered
No Patrol :(
3,984 Posts
I wish all the tourists would just feck off back home, bloody ski boats & jet skis up & down the river in front of our place all day. Wish they'd just leave us poor people living on the waterfront in peace.

· Premium Member
Nuffin now
30,115 Posts
Has the grumpy old bastard thread merged too?

The moan and piss why I can't catch a fish thread.🤭
Only when you turn up. 😇

Foo

· Registered
Was known as JT54_Y61 GU IV 08CRD Wag ST
1,956 Posts
I wish all the tourists would just feck off back home, bloody ski boats & jet skis up & down the river in front of our place all day. Wish they'd just leave us poor people living on the waterfront in peace.
Our dirt through road out front is the quietest it has been for the last 11 months. Love this time of year so I stay home out of the way. Most must be making noise up north or down south coast:cool:.

Patrol Hybrid.
22,498 Posts
Mighty fine shop too..
No parking probs or old farts towing tubs about sooking.😘
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 I don’t tow it, I might own it, but I’m gilligan, I don’t even have to pay for fuel. 😁

· After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says W
06 Td42ti coil cab chassis
22,161 Posts
foo looks like the skipper,
softy is ginger,
Oscar & Leonie are the millionaire and his wife,
Driller is the professor and idiot is mary anne (the southern girl).
God never got a roll..
He is already the captain of Enterprise..
A sticker clad spaceship from long ago.

Patrol Hybrid.
22,498 Posts
foo looks like the skipper,
softy is ginger,
Oscar & Leonie are the millionaire and his wife,
Driller is the professor and idiot is mary anne (the southern girl).
God never got a roll..
He is already the captain of Enterprise..
A sticker clad spaceship from long ago.
Back on the shandies again?

Reactions: Foo and geeyoutoo
2161 - 2180 of 2191 Posts