Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1521 - 1539 of 1539 Posts

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
13,239 Posts
What's power pro.. is that Braid?
Can be what ever you want. There are some very slippery mono lines out there. It’s a very good joining knot to learn, if you use a trace.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
45,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,526

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
45,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,528

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
45,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,531
This is a easier way but, you've just turned a secured double into an unsecured double.
The half hitches slip under extreme pressure or continued casting.
Not in my experience and I've used the bimini in that form for a long time, landed Spaniards up to mid 30kg, GT's up in the high 30,'s and one that would have gotten well into the 40's but I only got the head after a massive shark stripped another few hundred metres off before it bit right through the body. I always do several half hitches (very tightly) on each side then do them togehther but make sure the loops oppos, ie left loop, right loop, etc.
Yes there is an even simpler version but haven't used it for few years so will need to check my notes, but it isnot quite as reliable as this one.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Not in my experience and I've used the bimini in that form for a long time, landed Spaniards up to mid 30kg, GT's up in the high 30,'s and one that would have gotten well into the 40's but I only got the head after a massive shark stripped another few hundred metres off before it bit right through the body. I always do several half hitches (very tightly) on each side then do them togehther but make sure the loops oppos, ie left loop, right loop, etc.
Yes there is an even simpler version but haven't used it for few years so will need to check my notes, but it isnot quite as reliable as this one.
It literally is the only knot I use.

·
Registered
4x4nissan
55 Posts
Hey fellas, had a bit of an accident on the Murrumbidgee a few weeks ago, flipped my tinnie and lost all my fishing gear. Moral of the story is don’t let ya mate drive your boat! Anyway, was just lucky we were all ok.
So I’m currently working on replacing everything. All of my fishing is fresh water and generally targeting Murray cod.
I picked up a couple of ugly sticks cheap but still need to get reals for them, any tips would be appreciated. I generally run 50lb braid on them.
As for baitcasters, i love the daiwa td black range but having trouble decided which two to pick. As for reals I’m thinking of going with a shimano curado dc. Just not sure which model. Any tips are much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1521 - 1539 of 1539 Posts