Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1841 - 1860 of 1862 Posts

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
16,246 Posts
Just hadachat and single side ROUND muff is what is recommended to flush. Flushing through the hose connector doesn’t do a proper flush as the thermostat doesn’t open .

Reactions: Foo

·
Registered
1998 2.8GU wagon
2,845 Posts
I've started using this Salt Away | BCF After hosing everything down I give it a spray with salt away. I connect the mixer to the muffs & after flushing with water for a couple of minutes, turn on the salt away for the final minute or so.

Reactions: Foo and rgren2

·
Registered
nissan
581 Posts
Just hadachat and single side ROUND muff is what is recommended to flush. Flushing through the hose connector doesn’t do a proper flush as the thermostat doesn’t open .
My thoughts exactly.
I tried the single sided muff and didn’t supply enough water for telltale to operate had to buy the dual sided. I beach launch so impeller probably gets a workout with the sand.

I have just bought the saltycaptain flush. See how it goes.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
16,246 Posts
Might be time for a new impeller. The hose flush is supposed to be ok to clear mud and sand from the general working area.

Reactions: Marko_SJ and GeroGU

·
Registered
2003 GU PATROL
20,262 Posts
You look pretty happy to have that sausage in your hand.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2003 GU PATROL
20,262 Posts
Winds been about 5 knots all week... But in true form will be up to 20 knots for the comp tomorrow. Always fun in the kayak....

·
After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says W
06 Td42ti coil cab chassis
17,237 Posts
Atleast it will be dry mate, different story next week.

Reactions: Softy

·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
26,261 Posts
Winds been about 5 knots all week... But in true form will be up to 20 knots for the comp tomorrow. Always fun in the kayak....

Well, hop to it and fix that problem. :unsure: 🤣 😇

Foo

·
Registered
2003 GU PATROL
20,262 Posts
Outriggers? They are stupid, my kayak is stable enough without them.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
16,246 Posts
Been doing some homework (in between nbn dropping in and out). Will be getting an electric on the boat, it will be 24v, can put the two 110ah in a well between the front seats. Now to charge these two 12v batteries connected in series I will need a 12v-24v step up, this is where it gets expensive, $600-$700 for a minkota jobbie 😳😵‍💫, been looking at others a lot cheaper, will havachat with my auto electrician tomorrow. Will also need a 24v battery charger for maintenance charging if the boat motor hasn’t run long enough, $350-$900 😵🤢😖. Found some on eBay for $55.

·
Registered
1998 2.8GU wagon
2,845 Posts
Have you checked out the new Watersnake Geospot ones? They are to 65lb thrust on 12V

Reactions: rgren2

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
16,246 Posts
Need an 80lb, but will look into it.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
16,246 Posts
Had a look, pretty sure the boat weighs more than 500kg and we want it to remotely raise and lower. Mate is buying it, around $5-6k.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda BT50 Dual cab
10,897 Posts
Been doing some homework (in between nbn dropping in and out). Will be getting an electric on the boat, it will be 24v, can put the two 110ah in a well between the front seats. Now to charge these two 12v batteries connected in series I will need a 12v-24v step up, this is where it gets expensive, $600-$700 for a minkota jobbie , been looking at others a lot cheaper, will havachat with my auto electrician tomorrow. Will also need a 24v battery charger for maintenance charging if the boat motor hasn’t run long enough, $350-$900 . Found some on eBay for $55.
Get a Victron 24 volt charger
Also buy a 24v lithium 135 ah battery off me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1998 2.8GU wagon
2,845 Posts
Just make sure that the motor will run on lithium batteries. I was looking at new ones a couple of months ago & some of them had a big warning label saying not to run on lithium batteries, not sure why.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
16,246 Posts
Going to have two 110ah 12v in series independent from the motor, these will be charged by a garage solar panel when the boat is parked, I have a 10ah 12v to run the bait pump, this is charged by the motor via the VDR. Essentially 4 😳 batteries in the boat.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
16,246 Posts
New motor is on, went for a test run, bit rough on it water, made a very short burst at 33mph. Acceleration is damn good. Used Saltaway to clean motor, boat and trailer. 😁

1841 - 1860 of 1862 Posts