Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

Fishing and Boating

130K views 2K replies 144 participants last post by  mark089 
#1 ·
Surely there must be some keen Patrol owner fishemen (fisherpersons) out there, maybe we could get some good photo's and info etc for future trips. For example, next year I'm dragging my camper with tinnie up to the Cape on a Barra, Queenie and GT mission.
Here is a starting point. Sunny Coast Cobia.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
OK, I can see I need to move up from my original Cobe post. GT's don't ya love em!!!!!!

Attachments

#56 ·
Cobes & GT's are on my bucket list. That GT is a whopper. Well done. Went to Phuket trying to snag one. I'd have a better chance getting one in Sydney which is NEVER. That place is unbelievably fished out. Might try FIJI next time.

#9 ·
Cupel of fish from my way, heaps of trout over 1kilo browns and rainbows, carp up to 94cm, freshwater crayfish (this one 54cm but we have got them up to over 70cm!) nearly 1kilo redfin. etcetc. all caught on 4lb line or less.

Attachments

#11 ·
Nice ***** Ferret, Got a mate who chases them over your way off Rotty, he raves about them, got to do that one day. But in WA I did pick up a 23kg Jewfish off 80 mile beach just below Broome a few years back, still looking for the photo.

#15 · (Edited)
Some great fishy pics guys!!
First pic is my biggest barra(lake monduran), next is a bass from our local dam(Clarrie Hall), then a toga from Lake Borumbah north of the sunnycoast. I love fishing the sweetwater, we have some awesome native species. We also fish the salt when we're after a feed. I'd love to target tuna and GT's a bit more.
Cheers Kim.

Attachments

#17 ·
Some great fishy pics guys!!
First pic is my biggest barra(lake monduran), next is a bass from our local dam(Clarrie Hall), then a toga from Lake Borumbah north of the sunnycoast. I love fishing sweet water, we have some awesome native species. We also fish the salt when we're after a feed. I'd love to target tuna and GT's a bit more.
Cheers Kim.
Awesome fish there Kim.

Love the cap that you are wearing as well, Go the Mighty Maroons....

#16 ·
Wow Themissus,
Thats a great barra, Got to be 1 metre plus, makes my best 800mm barra look a bit sick.
Found earlier mentioned photo of WA 80 mile Beach Jew.
P.S. disregard Jeep in the background!!

Attachments

#18 ·
Cheers guy's she went 115cm and was too heavy for me to lift. The impoundment barra are way thicker/heaver than the wild fish. The Bosses biggest is 121cm...but I can't seem to lay my hands on a photo:rolleyes::D A friend landed a 126cm a few weeks ago. We're back up there in a few weeks I can't wait.
Cheers Kim.

QUEENSLANDER!!!!!!!

#22 ·
Woohoo!!!!
Just got hold of a set of outrigger poles for my 5m tinnie, getting ready to give the Sunny Coast beakie community a shake up (on a budget) when the season starts later this year. Wasn't able to fish this season but picked up the attached (my first beakie) the beginning of last year, 10k off Mooloolaba while fishing for mackerel, 45kg Sailfish, 8kg rod, ripped off 350m of line in a very very short time, 45min to land.

Attachments

#25 ·
I hate you so much right now!!!!!!!!!:eyepoke: Mmmmmmmmmmm mud crab:bowdown:

#24 ·
Nice sail geeyoutoo!!

Are those crabs from Boonaroo? A mate sent us a feed of crabs down yesterday that he got saturday night at Boonaroo. Can't wait till the squid start. How good is that place, I could live there:D
Cheers Kim.

#30 ·
1PM, Sitting at my laptop browsing Patrol 4X4, get a life, when I should be offshore fishing, lousy bloody weather.
Got me thinking! Are there any members up here on the Sunny Coast who get time through the week to fish? I am seriously going to review my work status and am looking for offsiders.

Hi Dronus, come on Mate, show us what you Crow Eaters have got to offer piscatorially.

#32 ·
Mate i'm up in buderim. every now and then i'm available during the week. Mostly work offshore, but at the moment i'm helping a mate out in brissy.

But would definitely be able to find time for fishing during the week ;-)

#35 ·
Dirt bag, showoff, mongrel.:(

At least you didn't glote on how good the crabs tasted.:)

#43 ·
That is one big mother of a fish your old man caught!:shock:

Some good steaks to be had off that.:)

#41 ·
This is one of my favourite fish to catch, the poor mans marlin. The biggest one I personally ever saw was only just up the coast from here at Hervey Bay, was at least 1.5 meters long and was hunting in a sand channel, wouldn't look at a lure that day though.

Attachments