Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm going to be fitting a 2" lift to my series 4 patrol with abs next weekend. I've got the new springs and shocks, new coil spring rubbers and a rear brake proportioning bracket.
Just wondering if there is anything else I should do ie brake lines?
Anything to watch out for when doing it? Searched a couple of other posts and know to be careful of the wires running down to sensors.
It's not the first time I've fitted a 2" lift just the first that has abs.
Any advice is welcome and many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
nissan
141 Posts
I have a series 8 with all the electronic BS on it, the 2" lift didnt effect it at all. Are you sure you have a brake preportioning valve fitted? I didnt think ABS fitted vehicles had them, mine doesn't. Well not that i can see anyway.

·
Registered
nissan gq patrol
55 Posts
No dramas when i installed a 2" on my gu4, needing longer brake lines is a 50/50 mine get a bit tight on full flex. Just used an off the shelf brake proportioning bracket and all is swell

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Have castor bushes changed. You won't regret it.

Reactions: truckers_gu

·
Registered
nissan y61
4,788 Posts
I have abs and you gotta fit a kill switch its had several good attempts to kill and my family on loose gravel mountains trails even going slow. But 2" no issues just set your PV spring on the rear once done. Take photo of the rear pv and the you know how it needs to be once its lifted.

Reactions: truckers_gu

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,201 Posts
They are really all the same underneath, my old girl has ABS, one of the first, I have a 3" lift and it had no effect, there's no real reason why it should, the proportioning valve at the back does need to be adjusted otherwise you can have issues.

You can see from the faint shadow in this pic on the top bolt how much we moved the ABS bracket and I've never had a problem.

X2 with the caster bushes as Shane says, a 2" in supposed to be on the verge so you don't always need them but damn it makes for more pleasant driving in some conditions, worth the extra.

P1090611.jpg

·
Registered
nissan
2,450 Posts
I have a 2 inch EFS fitted on my 2005 wagon with ABS.

I chose to install the full set of 7 braided brake lines and the proportioning valve bracket but it is not really required for a 2 inch lift. Don't adjust the valve itself, you can adjust the original bracket.

The 2 degree caster bushes will more than likely be required. You can ask your wheel aligner to set up the truck on the rack and get a reading/printout prior to see if you may require them.

Other than that, it is straight forward.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have a 2"lift fitted to my 2007 wagon with ABS.No adjustments, except I made a 2"extension for the bracket where the spring for the proportioning valve hooks in. It is like this since more than 90,000 km,no problems whatsoever. The only difference you feel is , the
steering gets somewhat lighter and more direct because of the castor change.But you get used to it quickly. I have done a trip around Australia,to the west coast and the Kimberly,to the red centre to Ayers rock,Tanami road,Gibb river road and so on and just 2 weeks ago finished a trip from Cairns through the Simpson desert,east to west,then down south on the Oodnadatta and back up north on the Strzelecki. This truck is only used for traveling and much of it is offroad, but as I said, no problems.

·
Registered
nissan
446 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks to all for the comments. I'll fit it up and see how it goes with lines and caster bushes. I got long travel springs and shocks so could be border line for brake lines I think. As for caster I'll see how it drives. My last patrol drove better with 2" lift than standard without changing bushes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts