Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys i am looking at fitting a set of 35" tyres to my spare set of rims for weekend play.
My question is, will i have issues with the tyres rubbing on my radius arms on full lock if the rims have 0 deg offset. Also will i need to do any bumpstop spacing front or rear?
I have a 3" lift with radius arm spacers and +16mm lower rear control arms.

I'm really keen on the Micky Thompson Sidebiter wheels in 16x8 but they only come in zero deg offset. Otherwise i will use my dynamic 16x8 with -13 offset.

My other query is how will my 3.0l crd handle these? I do have a 3" exhaust with chip if that helps. Plus remember they are not for everyday use. I have a set of 285/70/17 cooper st-maxx on the factory alloys for everyday use and towing my van.

Thanks in advance,
Paul

·
Registered
nissan patrol
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't know about hitting (as my 35's are on -40 offset wheels) but yeah it will handle it. You will notice it's slower though (effectively taller gearing)

Speedo will also be wrong obviously
So you didnt need to extend any bump stops or anything? Do you get any scrubbing? How much do the tyres stick outside the guards with -40 offset? That seem extreme to me with 35" tyres! Can you post a pic for me?

Thanks,
Paul

·
Registered
nissan
2,406 Posts
What series as the rear guard is different. You don't need to extend bump stops but the front will kiss the top on full compression when the tyres are new and the rear will rub. I've got 10mm ext front and 50mm ext rear but that was for my shocks not my 35s.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its a series 7 2013 ST Plus

So do you suggest i extend the bump stops? Remember these are not my everyday tyres. I run 33's for everyday work and towing my van.

·
Registered
nissan
2,406 Posts
Which tyres Paul? .. I'm running 35x12.5 maxxis on stock 17" alloys but the tyres aren't as wide as a mates 35" goodyears or another mates mtz so the tyres brand will make a difference.

If you don't extend the rear bump stops it will scrub quite a lot. You'll also need to push back the plastic guard that covers the fuel filler pipes by 30mm as it will catch on the plastic tab and tear it off.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They are Cooper STT in 315/75/16
If i use extended rear bump stops, will that stop me from having to to these mods with the filler pipes? Do i need to space the front bump stops?
Also if i decide to go a different rim with -13 offset will that help?

·
Registered
nissan
933 Posts
I suggest you run the -13 offset. You may have issues with 0 offset. I run 315/75/16 BFG's on a 2" lift and -13 offset with no rubbing.

·
Registered
nissan
2,406 Posts
They are Cooper STT in 315/75/16
If i use extended rear bump stops, will that stop me from having to to these mods with the filler pipes? Do i need to space the front bump stops?
Also if i decide to go a different rim with -13 offset will that help?

You won't need to do anything on the front.

For the rear it's only the cover that needs to pushed back.. a 2 min job. But I just checked with a mate who is also running 35s on a series IV with a 2" lift and stock bump stops and he hasn't had to move it back. I think mine hits as I have 12" off travel in the rear with 3" lift so it flexes a lot more than a regular 3" lift so at full flex the wheel is on a much greater angle inward at the top.

Long story short..you'll prob be fine doing nothing. Worse case it's an easy fix.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You won't need to do anything on the front.

For the rear it's only the cover that needs to pushed back.. a 2 min job. But I just checked with a mate who is also running 35s on a series IV with a 2" lift and stock bump stops and he hasn't had to move it back. I think mine hits as I have 12" off travel in the rear with 3" lift so it flexes a lot more than a regular 3" lift so at full flex the wheel is on a much greater angle inward at the top.

Long story short..you'll prob be fine doing nothing. Worse case it's an easy fix.
Thanks mate. Ill see how i go :)

·
Registered
nissan
127 Posts
315's with a 0 offset will touch on the radius arms - mine does at full lock with Goodyear MTR's

·
Registered
nissan
127 Posts
It sucks mate - but i really like the look of the Allied Thunder Blacks that i have - only option is to shave a little off the radius arm... but its a bit dodgy??

·
Registered
nissan patrol
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well im picking these tyres up next week and fitting them to the MT Sidebiter 2's. Looking at the front mudflaps, it looks like they will probably contact the tyres when at full lock. It comes pretty close with my 33's! Can anyone varify if 35's will hit the front mudflaps? Also, Will a 35" tyre fit on the rear door with a spacer? I didn't think too much about the spare....

·
Registered
nissan
2,406 Posts
Yes if you have front mudflaps they will hit. Some people remove the mudflaps.. Some people trim them back.. I modified mine slightly so they are still fullsize but pulled back about 40mm from standard.. Easy job.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts