Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yes if you have front mudflaps they will hit. Some people remove the mudflaps.. Some people trim them back.. I modified mine slightly so they are still fullsize but pulled back about 40mm from standard.. Easy job.
Thanks mate, any chance you could post a pic or explain how you mod the mudflaps? Did you fit a 35 on the rear door?

Thanks,
Paul

·
Registered
nissan
2,406 Posts
Thanks mate, any chance you could post a pic or explain how you mod the mudflaps? Did you fit a 35 on the rear door?

Thanks,
Paul

No worries..I'll try and get a pic tomorrow. Basically all I did was remove the mudflap then shorten the inner mounting tab by 40mm. To this I just cut it off then reattached it further in. Then when I fitted the mudflap back to the car it pulled the inner edge away from the tyre.

The 35 fits on the backdoor with a spacer but the series 4 tail lights are bigger..so you need to careful not to open the door too far too quickly or it will crack your tail light. Now that I've rotated the tyres a few times and they are worn it still touches the lens but doesn't smash it. A little stopper bung in the door track solves that little problem.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Well guys, i removed the mudflaps and the tyres even contact the bottem of the flare at full lock. And this is with radius arm spacers:(! Has anyone else had that one! It looks like i have to chop the flare out. I really didnt want to have to do that. I haven't flexed it up yet, so i dont know if the fuel filler pipe cover needs to be pushed back either.

·
Registered
nissan
2,406 Posts
I promised you some pics but forgot to upload them. I had my flare of recently as I was fitting a new snorkel and took these pics.

Mudflap pulled away from the tyre:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416040305.449416.jpg

How the mudflap was modified. Could plastic weld but bolt and but does the job fine.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416040385.987896.jpg

And yes the flare has been trimmed. Forgot about that. Took about 50mm from the inside. Once the mudflap is refitted it can't be seen.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416040441.797028.jpg

·
Registered
nissan
446 Posts
Sorry for the thread grave dig, but figured I would post here instead of typing up a new post.

I’m running a 3” lift with Superior Hybrid Superflex arms. Current 305/70r16 KM2 muddies seems quite close to the bottom of the flare. I expected the hybrid arms to move the diff more forward that it actually did.

How much do I have to cut away to make 315’s fit?

Attachments

21 - 26 of 26 Posts