Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
nissan mk
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to fit a turbo boost gauge to the MK, I thought maybe a union between the turbo body and blow off valve. Has any one any experience with a simple solution??

·
Registered
Nissan
228 Posts
What did the instructions on the packet say?

·
Registered
nissan mk
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Haven't splashed out my hard earned yet, waiting to see if there is a simple solution to fitting first.

·
Registered
Nissan
228 Posts
The simple solution is to buy something with instructions you understand.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
nah, dont listen to murray, instructions just get in the way lol.

but seriously, do a search, you shall find the info. your idea might work, but there may be a better spot. its been discussed before, so find some old threads and suss it out.

·
Registered
Nissan
228 Posts
... do a search, you shall find the info. your idea might work, but there may be a better spot. its been discussed before, so find some old threads and suss it out...
Or buy something with a set of instructions you can understand.

Your choice!

neRok! You have to be Gen Y. lol.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,106 Posts
pfft instructions are for ppl who have no sense of imagineation lol

two simple spots eather T it into the waste gate hose at the turbo or remove the turbo vent thingy in the manifold and get enzed to make up a socket with a dove tail in the end screw it in there two simple spots for you

·
Registered
Nissan
228 Posts
... or remove the turbo vent thingy in the manifold ...
Oh yeah!

Nothing like a good sense of imagination.

Get the bloody instructions off the packet.

·
Registered
nissan mk
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
pfft instructions are for ppl who have no sense of imagineation lol

two simple spots eather T it into the waste gate hose at the turbo or remove the turbo vent thingy in the manifold and get enzed to make up a socket with a dove tail in the end screw it in there two simple spots for you
Thanks Evil,
Instructions are not specific for an old non intercooled engine, I will probably go with the turbo vent location, I will use a short spacer so I can keep a vent on it may increase the spring tension to have it drop at 10psi to make sure I keep my bottom end intact if I get heavy handed with boost pressure.
Just took the first few bolts out for the body lift will measure them all for length and diameter post.

·
Registered
nissan
136 Posts
You can either take the boost gauge reading from the inlet manifold or off the turbo wastegate actuator line both will give a slightly different reading from my experiance, not sure if this is different for a non intercooled engine. The reading from your manifold is usually slightly lower due to boost pressure lost in the cooler piping and different air temp, so if u are concerend for your engine get the reading from the inlet manifold cos thats the pressure the engine will be getting. But if u are running boost near the max of the turbo eg. with a ceramic wheeled turbo where you dont want to run too much boost or it will spit the ceramic wheel. Then you want to take your boost reading from the turbo. Not sure on the turbo patrols (cos mine has no turbo for the moment) but if there is any small vac line outlets spare on the inlet manifold (or blanks) there probably the go. Otherwise just put a T piece on the wastegate actuator line and get it from there.
Hope that helps ya

·
Registered
nissan
136 Posts
you make some valid points, but fyi diesels dont make vacuum (or make the tiniest of amounts). they need vacuum pumps to run the brakes.
Ah yes oopsies, :doh: I meant intake manifold line type thingo, me is new to this diesel stuff and forgets simple things like this cos i play with petrols too much, but you know what I means LOL. Pretty sure the vac pump is in the alternator (just so you know im not a complete retard) but this is besides the point. ok i shut up now

1 - 15 of 15 Posts