Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol 2005 gu
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of qual mechanic or a workshop that can fit EGR, NADS, DAWES, etc in the Singleton/Maitland area of the Hunter Valley ???

Any info is appreciated.

Regards.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
449 Posts
Good luck mate. I think you will be hard pressed to find any garage that is educated and willing to fit NADS.

·
Registered
nissan patrol 2005 gu
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yer thanks dan-0, just thought id ask, headin down Sydney next week so might make few enquiries when i get down there.

Plenty of guys of the forum have done it themselves i guess, but im not that savy im sorry to say, but no probs ill sort it.

·
builder not a buyer!
nissan
2,702 Posts
you might be able to get a member who has done this to their patrol to assist you in installing these and is close to you?

·
Go Hard or Go Home
3,197 Posts
Who have you called in the Singleton/Maitland area, have you tried to contact any forum guys from your neck of the woods mate?

Dave STR is from Maitland, drop him a PM and see if he can help you out.

He is also online now.

·
Registered
nissan patrol 2005 gu
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Chuckles thanks mate, yer ill keep my ear to the ground and try and bribe someone with a carton or two of the finest pale ale, and get the job done.

·
Registered
nissan patrol 2005 gu
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Helms'y, im onto it, ill c if i can round him up now. Cheers

·
Go Hard or Go Home
3,197 Posts
Chuckles thanks mate, yer ill keep my ear to the ground and try and bribe someone with a carton or two of the finest pale ale, and get the job done.
Well now thats different mate! Now that you mention Beer.

In a couple weeks , maybe I could arrange myself & a mate to help you out!

You will need to know what you want.
EG,
Pyro gauge kit,
Boost gauge kit,
Pillar pod, Dawes & Needle valve + all plumbing,
EGR plate. These all take time to get together or do you already have them?

·
Navara, Patrol's little brother
920 Posts
Hey mate.

Do you have the EGR plates ?

If not there is a guy in QLD making me up some. Should have them in abit over a week.

I haven't dealt with the dawes valve set up but knowing Chaz and Whitie they have made it fool proof.

If you can wait till I get the plates Ill be glad to help.

·
Registered
nissan patrol 2005 gu
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Helms'y dont have any of the goodies u have just mention, but keen to get my hands on the bits soonest, can u point me in the right direction ?? im sure urself or a fellow forum member would know the place to get it from.

Dave STR, that would be great mate, if i can tee it up with ya for a hand mate that would be awesome, (i'm not to savy with it, but keen to learn and help), of course there is applicable fee of beer involved for ya.

·
Registered
nissan patrol 2005 gu
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
lg 91, cheers mate for the offer, defo keep it in mind, and if i can help u out one time let me know. cheers

·
Go Hard or Go Home
3,197 Posts
Helms'y dont have any of the goodies u have just mention, but keen to get my hands on the bits soonest, can u point me in the right direction ?? im sure urself or a fellow forum member would know the place to get it from.

Dave STR, that would be great mate, if i can tee it up with ya for a hand mate that would be awesome, (i'm not to savy with it, but keen to learn and help), of course there is applicable fee of beer involved for ya.
Pyro gauge kit, & Boost gauge kit, these are mine.
AutoMeter UltraLite 4344-M Pyrometer + 4304 Boost Gauge | eBay

Pillar pod, same as mine.
Pillar Pod - Nissan Patrol GU - 2 Gauge suits all years | eBay

Dawes valve.
Nissan Patrol and VAG TDi

Needle valve + all plumbing from Enzed or Pirtek,

EGR plate as per Dave STR.

Set up pictures from good old Chaz.
Manual Boost Controller

And Dave drinks JD from the local pub.............

·
Registered
nissan patrol 2005 gu
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Helms'y ur a legend, i owe ya beer already, thanks heaps mate great stuff.

·
Navara, Patrol's little brother
920 Posts
For gauges personally I atleast go a VDO pyrometre.

I have had nothing but dramas with my autometre pyro.

My autometre boost gauge has been fine. I have a new VDO pyro to go in over the weekend and they give you all the fittings.

Need the links ?

Plates are only like $3.30 each. Thats what they cost me. You can get away with only doing the turbo side.

·
Go Hard or Go Home
3,197 Posts
Ill take the beer for a spotters fee gladly mate.

The Dawes valve will take a while to get in from the States, there is a waiting list due to the high demand from patrol forum owners. Unless someone has ordered a couple in as spares?

I do recall some one getting some extras in recently.

Ebay can cover the rest of the items for best price & delivery times.

Enzed & Pirtek should be in your neck of the woods too or Even Maitland.

·
Registered
nissan patrol 2005 gu
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for the feed back, i have a mate who can help out with the pirtek stuff and at the right price too. Again thanks mate, u will no doubt c how things turn out for me as we go along.

Ill be sussin the gauges and the other stuff over comin days, weeks all going well, and yep when we catch up my shout.

·
Registered
nissan patrol 2005 gu
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Cheers Dave, thanks for the link, ill be onto it mate and let ya know, may take a little while, but defo keen.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts