Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just received a set of genuine tail lights, fully wired up with bulbs and harness for my 2009 CRD.

I know that others have had to rewire the RHS light as there is no provisions in place to plug and play like the LHS light etc.

My question is, on my 2009 CRD there is a white plug that will fit the new light, but it is plugged into a loom going into the rear barn door. I assume this is for the stop lamp at the top. It appears that this plug (the one coming from the body of the car) has all the wires in it (most of them), do I splice into this plug for the new light? Or is my 2009 CRD missing something.

I do know that I have to run a few wires from the LHS but the way I see it I have to run all five?

I think the Series 6/7 models are difference to series 4 etc? :withstup:

·
Registered
nissan
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, but I have read that and it seems to refer specifically to GU3. It also shows a wiring diagram that looks nothing like the 2009 CRD. The CRD has full six wires in both white plastic plugs. And both plugs are coupled to a male plug heading into both rear barn doors. I presume to cover, stop lamp, rear window wiper, number plate lights and central locking. There are two wires, one red and one Black with no plug heading to the rear LHS light which I assume is the reverse light.

RHS Zoomed out:

RHS Zoomed in:

LHS:

·
Registered
nissan
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just realised that the reversing camera must be the red/black wire. But still, its all a bit confusing.

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
yeah mine were 2 cables, i got an elec to run it properly for me, now im lit up like a blunt

·
Registered
nissan
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah mine were 2 cables, i got an elec to run it properly for me, now im lit up like a blunt
That's what I am doing next Wed, for $80 - cheap I thought.

·
Registered
nissan
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
All done. Cost me a bit more than what quoted but all up I am happy.

I placed LED bulbs in the lower bumper so I don't blow a fuse when towing.

·
Grenade Master
GU4 05
2,614 Posts
That's what I am doing next Wed, for $80 - cheap I thought.
$20 worth of parts, (sorry I work in the trade) and 4 hours of drilling, wiring up and installation. Results are here. I'm wondering if I ought to use center reversing lights as indicators as all it is needed are orange globes as I have pre wired the plugs for such an idea.
RHS dummy light did have a factory run cable for indicator and brake light so all I needed was earth, reverse and tail. Cheers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts