Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After buggering my steel winch cable, I've decided to make the switch to synthetic. Picked up a couple of eBay bargains and I now have 28m of Dyneema and an alloy hawse fairlead ready to fit. At 1st glance, the hawse fairlead looks like it will sit quite deep inside the cutouts / shaping of my ARB Delux Winch Bar (GUII), to the point where I'm wondering if it is going to be a problem of the rope rubbing on the bar itself on any angled pulls.

Anyone been down this path? Is it a problem? Should I space the fairlead out on some super thick washers?

Thanks,

·
Registered
nissan
173 Posts
Check with ARB I think (and I could be wrong although I have seen them somewhere) a hawse fairlead that is deeper than the one you would have just gotten. The one I have seen fits the same 4 bolt pattern as a 4 roller fairlead, but is just as thick so the syn rope wont foul up.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I bolted it on last night and it looks better than I expected, but it would still be possible to get some rubbing. Jet6 - does it look a bit rough or 'like a bought one' with the spacers? Must admit - I thought it looks pretty good with the extra bit of shiny 'bling' bolted on!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts