Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
Just bought a new belly tank to replace my punctured one in my tb42 duel fuel, and wondering if anyone has experience in changing them over. Don't wanna get half way through and realise that I should have just taken it to a mechanic to fit. Seems easy enough but thought I would check.
Cheers

·
"Remember, you're unique... just like everyone els
nissan patrol
1,593 Posts
It's very easy with some basic mechanical knowledge. I have just removed my 75 litre so the inside can be re-surfaced.

There should only be 4 bolts holding it to the car. 3 hoses, possibly 4 connected to the tank that will have to be disconnected before lowering and 2 wires running to the sender unit.

Best way to do is place a nice big trolley jack under the tank. Disconnect the fill, fast fill breather, pick-up and maybe return hose. Undo the 4 bolts and lower slowly till you can access the top to remove the wires. It depends how yours is set up as to how much slack you have in that wire so go slow. Once the wires off its just a case of dropping the jack all the way down and doing it in reverse to fit the new one.

Good luck

·
"Remember, you're unique... just like everyone els
nissan patrol
1,593 Posts
^^ Hahaha, very valid point you make there Macca

·
Registered
nissan
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's very easy with some basic mechanical knowledge. I have just removed my 75 litre so the inside can be re-surfaced.

There should only be 4 bolts holding it to the car. 3 hoses, possibly 4 connected to the tank that will have to be disconnected before lowering and 2 wires running to the sender unit.

Best way to do is place a nice big trolley jack under the tank. Disconnect the fill, fast fill breather, pick-up and maybe return hose. Undo the 4 bolts and lower slowly till you can access the top to remove the wires. It depends how yours is set up as to how much slack you have in that wire so go slow. Once the wires off its just a case of dropping the jack all the way down and doing it in reverse to fit the new one.

Good luck
e

How do you access the hoses without undoing the brackets?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts