Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do i go cut snake and bolt on adding my own holes or do i go to wrrckers and get plastic factory plugs and drill space hole for plastic plug so that normal gu factory flares will go on.
Also guys do these injectors look like there buggered . As im in a position where either my ip or injectors are bad . Obviously injectors are cheaper. Do i start with them and if not replace pump or do these look ok and should i save my money and just go ip straight away ? $1690 for reco ip after core return ($500) injectors are $390 after core return ($300) but injector nozzles alone are only $120 and it doesnt take a rocket scientist to clean a mechanical injector body and spring and washer then replace nozzle and happy days. So i will go with nozzles. So should i just do them anyways considering iam only paying $120 for nozzles and reconditioning injectors myself
Also one last thing. Is it just me or does rd28 gu turbo look like a absolute nightmare to get out ? As iam replacing that also with aftermarket turbo

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1998 2.8GU wagon
2,357 Posts
I'd just put a new set of injectors in, they're not that expensive & will probably need changing soon anyway.
Yes, the turbo is a nightmare to get out, you'll probably have to remove it with the manifolds. When I replaced my head I had to get an impact wrench on the nuts where it bolts to the exhaust manifold, which can't be done with it in situ'. I had to replace the studs & nuts too, which are around $20 each.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts