Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all just replaced my 32,11.5R15 BFG muddies with 33,12.5R15 and now my garden edge flares dont stick out far enough and i wanna replace them so i dont attract unwanted attention. so whats the options here? what have u guys done that looks sexy?

p.s Federal Couragia are a GREAT tyre on road they r wisper quiet compared to the bfg's

·
Registered
nissan
276 Posts
Just watch those Federals in the wet,they are not the best in an emergency stop.I have them too.I have factory flares and they they make contact on flex(rear).I have got myself some flexy flares so i will try them.

·
Registered
Nissan
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
catdog are they the 35mm flares?
i recon ill need the 65mm flares
in the pics it looks like ur tyres are sticken out past the flares?
thats what i am trying to avoid
thanks for the pics

·
Registered
306 Posts
Mike they're 65mm, yes wheels edge is out just fraction that's fine. Gonna go bit narrower rims in the future anyway.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,540 Posts
I had those bushranger flexi flares too and they were crap. If the wire gets caught it rips the side out of the rubber. Stick with the garden edging. Bunnings sells the garden edging in different widths. I think there is either 60-80mm and 90-120 mm,I can't remember exact sizes. I've got the narrower one with my 35x 12.5's and it works fine. I think you would be pretty unlikely to get caught if your tyres are hanging out a little bit. I've got no flares on the rear since the ute chop and I've never been caught.

·
Registered
nissan
85 Posts
go to clark rubber or Purple Pig, They sell the best ruber flares at the cheapest price get 4 mtrs for $90 bucks. Make sure you use a thick wire and dont forget to silicon the ends once you fitted em that way the wire wont come out.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu
149 Posts
Im with patrol maverick on this one, ive got the narrow garden edgeing flares with 33's and they stick out a little but even my engineer said it meets the legal requirements and it cost $20 and i have enough left over for repairs if a couple get broken.

Attachments

·
Registered
Nissan
2,992 Posts
go to clark rubber or Purple Pig, They sell the best ruber flares at the cheapest price get 4 mtrs for $90 bucks. Make sure you use a thick wire and dont forget to silicon the ends once you fitted em that way the wire wont come out.
X2 - looks good - I fitted with the nail bracing as well - never had an issue either with the cops in nt or qld or with nt rego checks

·
Registered
Nissan
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
got the clark rubber gear today but my tires still stick out like 25mm making the tires stick out from the gards about 100mm! is this normal? im gonna have to go to big garden edging i recon :(

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,540 Posts
Most of the patrols I've seen don't have the tyres sticking out that much. How much offset are your rims? and do you have GU diffs or wheel spacers?

·
Registered
nissan
176 Posts
I have 33 12.5 15's with -22 offset rims and they sit just shy of the factory flares.

You must be running a killer offset or something
Cheers

·
Registered
Nissan
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah dunno the rims came with the car. anyway of finding out? what is the best ruim to run, might have to get some newies

·
Registered
Nissan
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Most of the patrols I've seen don't have the tyres sticking out that much. How much offset are your rims? and do you have GU diffs or wheel spacers?

standard diffs and no spacers mate

·
Registered
nissan
176 Posts
yeah dunno the rims came with the car. anyway of finding out? what is the best ruim to run, might have to get some newies
There might be some coding on the back of the rim. I run dynamic round holes. Stoked with them! Looks tough and for 70 a corner it isn't breakin my balls

·
Registered
nissan
176 Posts
There might be some coding on the back of the rim. I run dynamic round holes. Stoked with them! Looks tough and for 70 a corner it isn't breakin my balls

·
Registered
nissan
85 Posts
there are a few different rubber flare sizes by the way, try get a set of 15*8 toyota offset sunnies.

·
BATTLE AXE
nissan
1,333 Posts
I run 33x12.5x15's on pro comp rock crawler rims with cruiser off set and they sit flush with my factory flares. Still keeps the mud and road spray off the paint too.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
1,045 Posts
Mate im rolling with factory flates still with 285/75r16 with negative 28 offset and they sit flush. Maybe you have some mad offset. There is a way to measure offset that has been mentioned on here before.search it or just google it.would b handy for u if u knew what offset u actually have

Sent from my GT-I9000T using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 28 Posts