Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have being looking for GU wagon 09 flares. Nissan doesn't even have them in accessories part of their web page. how much are they anybody?

Are there after market flares? not the rubber ones but the plastic things

cheers

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
About 500-800 each part

Be sittin down seriously when you get a price.

·
Registered
nissan
253 Posts
$53 bucks just for the little strip of plastic between flair and door.

·
"Toxic Personality"
nissan
8,986 Posts
i got quoted $2,500 for 2nd hand flares off a series 2 GU. not a chance i would sell my flares for $2,500 for fear of not being able to buy another set. iv got a series 4 gu wagon.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Jacket_1985 said:
i got quoted $2,500 for 2nd hand flares off a series 2 GU
sounds very cheap - were they damaged at all?

·
Registered
nissan patrol
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you guys are killin' me. I bought a DX cause I didn't want to deal with wet moldy carpets but $2500 jeez that's great. Maybe rubber is the go ahaahah

·
Registered
nissan
115 Posts
Yeah i had the clip mounts snap on the part of the flare thats stuck on the door.... very annoying. But i've just left them off.. custom body work i say!... probably going to suck if i sell it though doh.

I did always meant to repair them though... i've got a sinking feeling they may have been thrown out as i just left lying around.

·
Registered
173 Posts
just do what i did mate, hope to god sombody side swipes you (on the right side of course) and then they can pay for some new flares. took me the best part of 2 years for somebody to hit me but good things come to those who wait i say hahaha

luke

·
Registered
nissan
442 Posts
Theres a place called Fairline Fibreglass that does kevlar ones. Not sure what they are like. From memory they are about 200 bucks. Don't look too bad though. They have 50mm wider ones too for those biggers tyres most of us have.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You have done the right thing. . . . .now just lift it. . . . bolt your 37's on. . . let em hang out 7inches and be done with it.:p -you would only destroy flares if you had them fitted anyway.;)

ahahahah I dont know Id probably get fined for not having them. Cops around perth are relentless but if I can't or their too expensive left but chuck the tyres on ;)

·
Registered
nissan
66 Posts
Ring a company called F.R.P (fibreglass replacement panels) realy good bloke to deal with he gave me a free stubbie cooler

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have being looking for GU wagon 09 flares. Nissan doesn't even have them in accessories part of their web page. how much are they anybody?

Are there after market flares? not the rubber ones but the plastic things

cheers
Iv got a 2010 im wrecking atm and its got all the flares except the fronts the car is new so everything is as new on it

steve (patroldocta nissan wreckers)

·
Registered
nissan
25 Posts
Here's a question, will the later model flares (thinking the Series IV) fit the earlier series 2 & 3 with out having to change guards, headlights etc..
Thinking of updating the look of my 05 coil cab.
Cheers

·
Registered
nissan gu
1,195 Posts
truckster aint lieing with the price $800. a corner.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
cheers fellas ill keep on looking around otherwise its offset rims to try make it as flush as possible, mind you with a 4inch lift the tyres shouldn't look like they are too far out.... I hope

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
you guys are killin' me. I bought a DX cause I didn't want to deal with wet moldy carpets but $2500 jeez that's great. Maybe rubber is the go ahaahah
You should have bought a DX with the Wide wheel pack instead that would have given you the DX interior with the vinyl floor but with the black factory flares

Regards Don

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
truckster aint lieing with the price $800. a corner.
I had to repair a scratched up one (shopping trolley scratched through the paint) and was quoted $475 not including painting for the front drivers side. The body shop guy told me that to re spray only it would look odd due to the slight texture. I went respray only and you'd barely notice.

I decided brush bars were in order if flairs cost that much. I've been waiting 4 months on a particular fabricator to paint and fit the sliders and brush bars they took 3 months to make. I love supporting the small local business man.

Cheers Grogey.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts