Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gday all,

just a question for TB42 owners out there running gas, are there many of you that use flashlube? I've done some research of my own, where it stops the engine from cooking due to gas running at higher temperatures than petrol. But as always wanted to get some opinions on it. Seems like something worth investing in for long term engine health.

Cheers

·
Registered
nissan
197 Posts
havnt had gas on a patrol but over the years i have had a few straight gas v8 s and always ran the upper cylinder lubricant and gas is harder on the electrical system as well

·
Registered
nissan
118 Posts
i was under the impression if u were switching back and forth from gas to petrol on a regular basis there was no need for a flashlube system.
On my rb30 GQ i'll usually run one tank of petrol for every 2 tanks of LPG

·
Registered
543 Posts
I was advised by my gas mechanic to run flash lube as it will prolong the head cracking when using gas. His advise was given after my head was replaced at 250k with cracks in 4 combustion chambers.
At the rate I do km like 10k year it will take a long while to prove or disprove, I'll be six foot under before it happens me think.
It wasn't expensive to buy and run so no biggy, If the head never goes again I'll be happy.
I use gas 99.9% of the time and it runs beautiful.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
405 Posts
ive been running mine for 10 years without lube with no probs at all, they only run hot when motor has to work harder cause its not tuned right, tune it by ear, dizzy needs to be advanced to get max performance from gas

·
Registered
Nissan
21 Posts
I have been running flashlube for 12 years. No problems. But who knows what it would have been like without flashlube?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Mine got 340,000ks on the clock before the head gasket went. The valve seats were 50% warn. No cracking just leaking gasket and pressurising the radiator. I have all the receipts and the gas was put on at 25,000ks so not a bad run and no upper cylinder lube.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts