Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol st
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wanting to do the flinders ranges in the near future and wondering if anyone with a similar setup (dual fuel 70l petrol / 90l gas) can give me an idea of how much extra petrol i may need to carry in jerrys if any? also if there is much petrol in the area i know gas will only be what i take in and nothing to be found like so many areas.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
47 Posts
I know Quorn, Hawker, Wilpena Pound, Leigh Creek, Lyndhurst and Arkaroola sell petrol.
I think Rawnsley Park Station and Parachilna also sell petrol.
There is no servo in Blinman anymore.
Quorn, Hawker and maybe Wilpena and Leighcreek also sell gas.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
47 Posts
I just realized I've got the Hema Flinders map on my computer, so I checked it.
Lyndhurst, Arkaroola, Leigh Creek, Wilpena, Quorn: Petrol & Gas
Beltana road house, Parachilna, Rawnsley, Hawker, Carrieton, Marree, Copley: Petrol

·
Registered
368 Posts
I was in the flinders (arkaroola) over easter, and the most i paid for LPG was $1.07 @ leigh creek. I would recommend jeading up there soon as there's still water in the creeks and water holes and everything is green.
Petrol was $1.77 @ arkaroola for premium, $1.74 for regular. elsewhere was 0.80 - 0.88c for LPG and $1.65 - $1.75 for petrol.

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,404 Posts
I was up there too but didnt need to fill up after refuelling at clare, im diesel anyway..

Orroroo was generally closed unless you want to call the cranky owner (a couple of our party did and had to pay $1.70 or so for diesel). Jamestown was busy but had fuel. The 24hr Ampol didnt like any cards we waved at it.

I bumped into a chap in Clare who told me he got some bad fuel from up further north in the flinders and his patrol was a bit sick. They had some big rains up there earlier this year... not sure if its related..

·
Registered
nissan
55 Posts
on the way back through last tuesday, both liegh creek and lyndhurst had ran out of lpg.
it always pays to fill up whenever you can, or ring ahead.
this has happended to me twice now in liegh creek.
Paul

1 - 8 of 8 Posts