Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!

Help! can i pull a fuse for the fm aerial motor or a wire or some thing? its wasting my battery, its constant noise from the motor even when engine is off and key is out!

·
Registered
Nissan
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fuse didnt work

yeah man just pull the fuse

Hi Tonka! tried pulling i think 10amp radio fuse under dash but this only removed pwr to radio not aerial! so i had to remove cover at wheel arch and manualy disconnect! now i think i need a new aerial and motor complete! :-(

·
The Googlest, Apparently!
nissan patrol
15,790 Posts
The aerial is usually powered by the radio, so that when you switch off just the radio, the aerial goes down and vice versa. It is also linked to the acc so when the acc turned off / on, even if the radio is left on, then the aerial retracts or goes up with the key.

This only shuts off when the aerial reaches it maximum retraction / extension. I am not an auto lecky and no next to nothing about the actual wiring hook up. Just info gleaned from my own experience

So, it would appear you are up for a new aerial anyway, sounds like the plastic teeth in the scoping aerial have stripped out and therefore the power is constantly on as it is not hitting the limit switches for full extend or retract.

Has happened to me on more than one occasion, I can only just get a 4x4 with a 2in lift under my rolla-door, when my kids have used my 4bee they forget to put the aerial down and it hits the rolla-door and bends. This puts resistance in to the aerial retracting and something has to give, and that would be the plastic teeth.

Last time it was $32 from repco for a new power aerial and fitted it myself, just a plug and play job.

·
The Googlest, Apparently!
nissan patrol
15,790 Posts
Or, you can buy one of the short plastic FM aerials that are pretty good if you live in a city. Just tape over the power coupling, plug the aerial into the radio and your good to go. Never have to worry about it happening again. However, if you live in the country, then they are crap for reception from a distant transmitter source.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts