Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been trying to find something slimmer than a 76mm thick Front Mount Intercooler (to save on trimming grill). Found this one, bit smaller than 600x300 but would 2.5" outlets suffice. Not going massive boost or anything. Also like the third screw fitting in middle to attach up near latch. What do you reckon? TD42 UFI 16g

Intercooler Turbo Fmic 530x230x69 CIVIC BMW E30 | eBay

·
Registered
nissan
387 Posts
in my experience intake pipe sizing has very little impact on outright power.
Boost response is the main thing effected, again only in my opinion.

The intercooler you linked seems expensive for a smaller ebay, to me.

I'd say get a big one and trim your grill, you've only got to do it once, it's not a had job, pain the cooler black if you don't want it to stand out like dog's balls.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So does smaller pipe work give you faster boost response or other way round? It is a bit pricier but if it saves me a couple of hours arsing around might be worth it.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,231 Posts
Smaller pipework after the turbo gives you better boost response due to a decreased volume required to pressurise.

·
Registered
nissan
387 Posts
It'll certainly be better then no cooler and substantially better then a factory top mount.

Mr Heyhey's on the money, like always

·
Registered
nissan
2,406 Posts
It would starting chocking at about 3200rpm with just 16psi. on a td42. Your choice but that's a great way to cripple a 16g.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So 3" would be better. Does size of pipe or size of cooler determine this or combo of both

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
nissan
2,406 Posts
Yes 3" and 300mm would be better. The size of the pipes isn't as important. Pwr sell some generic cores that aren't too much more expensive but work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts