Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can announce that nominations for the FNQ Offroad Challenge will be open on Monday 31 January until 1 April.

Our website is now updated with the latest rules and regulations and entry form. RUFF KONDUCT 4X4 INC. - LIKE IT RUFF? YOU KNOW YOU DO..

The property is located about 10 minutes out of Mareeba (which is about an hour south of Cairns) with some awesome tracks, plenty of camping area and very spectator friendly. Directions will be provided straight away to those registered, and to the public closer to the event.

Book 11-13 June in your diaries and get your nominations in. It will be first in, first served. We are running two classes; weekend warrior and modified - further details in the rules and regs.

We have offered to give a discount of half price nomination fees to those that live more than 400km away from Cairns, which is indicated on the registration form. Reg forms need to be emailed to [email protected].

The club is under new management and hoping to give the southern Qld'ers a run for their money - we've got some tough competition from Cairns! :cool:

·
Registered
290 Posts
Dont think ill enter, but might just make the trip up to watch!

·
Registered
nissan gu patrol
83 Posts
I will be there with beers in hand :) hahaha can't wait....

·
Registered
nissan gu patrol
83 Posts
Here is the new flyer since ARB have come onboard as a sponsor.

·
Registered
nissan
132 Posts
Yep i will be in this one for sure, the new comp truck will be in this one

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BUMP
Nominations closing soon, get those entries in. We've got some awesome competition lined up for the patrols ;)

·
"Remember, you're unique... just like everyone els
nissan patrol
1,593 Posts
Are there any positions left in the Weekend Warrior Class???

·
Registered
nissan
132 Posts
Yeah there are a few spots left mate, get your entry in ASAP as they are closing fast.

Look forward to seeing your rig there mate.

Also see you have moved to Cairns as well, so hope to see your rig on the tracks up here as well mate.

·
nissan patrol
1,593 Posts
Thanks for the reply.

Just have to look into things like window nets etc and a nav, don't think the lady will be up for it and don't know anyone up here yet. Are reduction gears allowed in the Weekend Warrior class??

What is the best way to get to know the area, your club or just go out exploring???? Will be doing the CREB

·
Registered
nissan
132 Posts
Hey mate yeah you can join one of our local forums etc & get to go onto one of the regular trips with us, there are always trips posted up in the Cairns section for these trips, great way to get to meet a few guys & girls etc & to know some of the tracks around locally.
Try one of these 2 mate

www.4x4palyfnq.com

www.ruffkonduct.com

Either one of these are the go mate.

As for the FNQ Challenge, i am not 100% sure on the reduction gears, i can fiond out for you not a drama.

Also as for Navi, we can try to sort you out a navi for the weekend mate, send me a PM & we can discuss if you are wanting to get into the comp. Would be great to see another entry out on the track.

Would also be good to see another Trol on the forum trips we do mate

Cheers,

Grunter

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
reduction gears is no problems - do you have lockers?
You don't need window nets or harnesses in the weekend warrior class.

·
nissan patrol
1,593 Posts
Cheers for that.

Nah no lockers in her atm.

I'll jump onto thoe sites and start looking at getting out. Since I've been in Cairns I've done literally 50km's in that truck. The 9,000km's I did getting here did a number on the gearbox so it's just been reco'd and a new clutch went in just for the hell of it while it was apart.

Talk soon

Drew

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Updated as at 4 April

Modified Class:
1. Eureka Racing (Chris Wieden and TBA)
2. Tip Rat Racing (Jason King and Sam Jones)
3. BNT Racing (Todd Newman and Luke Sims)
4. Team Middy Strength (Robert Sullivan and Jamie Simpson)
5. Ruff Nut (Peter Rowley & Duncan Dando)
6. Hutch Truck (Robert Hutchinson and Bradd Thexton)
7. Hi Dee Hoe Racing (Mick McLaren and Dan Miles)
8. Buddah (Karl Ballantyne and TBA)
9. Kiwi Ruff Riders (James Sant and Tane Russell)

Weekend Warrior Class:
1. Double D Racing (David Stephens and Dan Gilvear)
2. Joey
3. Rut Riders (Ryan Dixon and TBA)
4. So Bad (Tony Russo and TBA)

We could really do with more nominations in the Weekend Warrior class!

·
Registered
nissan
132 Posts
The tracks will be a challenge but not that hardcore they are going to break your truck.

Would be good to see a few more entries into the weekend warrior class.

Get your entry in at the soonest mate, be good to see your rig in the event as well.

The more the merrier:cheers:

·
Registered
nissan
287 Posts
I'd love to get onto this one but I think I'll just be spectating this time. Is there a mud map on how to get there? Do we just pay on arrival for our camping fees or something? What sort of driving time are we looking at from Townsville, I've never been up that way before. Cheers

·
Registered
nissan
132 Posts
Its about 3/4 of an hour drive max from Cairns through Kuranda.
Head up the Kuranda range toward Mareeba.
Once you are coming into Mareeba you will pass Coles
(Its on your left on the other side of the road) you will get to a roundabout,
turn left at it onto Rankin Street.
Follow Rankin Street till you get to another roundabout and turn left at that one into Chewko Road, then keep driving about 3 k's and its on your left hand side as you come down the hill past the yard that is filled with old cars(Look for signs).

As for the costs, yeah it is $10 per day

Or go to Ruff Konduct site for more information

RUFF KONDUCT 4X4 INC. - LIKE IT RUFF? YOU KNOW YOU DO..

Cheers Grunter

·
Registered
nissan
206 Posts
Looks good lads, I'd love to compete but I might just scope this one out and see what the tracks are like. She has to drive me home afterwards. Should be a real hoot though.

Looking forward to meeting some Townsville people on patrol.

Cheers,
Mick

1 - 20 of 35 Posts