Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did it! I have installed the fog lights on my stl using the factory wiring.

What you will need.

- pair of fog lights
- replacement combination switch
- Phillips screwdriver

Total cost $500 or less

Guys, it is so easy. Cost for the kit via eBay is nearly $900, so got it far less than this!

Here are photos of the job, quite easy. Effectively 1 x screw for each fog light(wasn't included but had some hanging around). 5 x screws on the steering column and bit of elbow grease and unplug one cord.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/10/02/many7u5u.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/10/02/zatereby.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol Y62
72 Posts
Good work. Where did you put the combination switch? I'm thinking of using the same wiring to run spot lights via a relay.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Basically you undo the steering Column cover, remove the standard switch and replace with combination switch and reinstall covers.

·
The Centaur .5 Manpopwer .5 Horsepower
nissan
981 Posts
patroly62.
mate do you have a link to this combination switch on ebay?

Cheers

crd

·
Registered
nissan patrol
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You cannot get it on ebay(well haven't seen it)

Had to get direct from
Nissan .

The auto light function doesn't work but fog does

·
nissan
981 Posts
You cannot get it on ebay(well haven't seen it)

Had to get direct from
Nissan .

The auto light function doesn't work but fog does

Cheers for that patroly62, greatly appreciated. I am at the dealership tomorrow morning so will ask then.

crd

·
Registered
nissan patrol
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's expensive vs what most do which is running a wire to a seperate switch on the dash, but definitely looks factory fitted compared to that plus the fog light indicator on the speedo comes on when fog lights are on

·
nissan
981 Posts
It's expensive vs what most do which is running a wire to a seperate switch on the dash, but definitely looks factory fitted compared to that plus the fog light indicator on the speedo comes on when fog lights are on
Where I am looking at getting the Opposite Lock bullbar fitted they said they will just put a switch in there somewhere. Not too sure if I will be happy with that or not. I will ask the guys at the dealership tomorrow and see what price I can get it for.

·
Registered
48 Posts
When you say combination switch, you mean combination indicator stalk? That is unplug and replace the standard indicator stalk on the right hand side of the steering column with a dealer supplied indicator stalk that has the extra switching function to turn on/off the fog lights? Is that correct? I know Nissan have this optional kit with the lights, but its pretty expensive, however I like the idea of having the factory controls at my finger tips for when I install a bullbar on my stl that has fog lights installed in it.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Initially I thought it was just the right side that is replaced.
However, the combination switch is a one piece unit which includes both the wiper arm and indicator stalk in one.

Hence the fog light kit which includes this is $800 or so but if you simply order the combination switch you can get it for around $350.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hmmm, why would you need the wiper stalk replaced? Anyway, I'm basically ready to start doing this upgrade and I went to my dealer to try and order the combination stalk (essentially a replacement Ti indicator stalk for on my STL) but they had trouble getting the part# to list as they kept putting in the vin# of my STL and thus no such part could be ordered that supports the driving lights. I could probably give them someone else's Ti vin# and we'd get the part number but so far have had no luck getting the right stalk sourced. I too don't want to buy the whole $900 kit and like I said before want to keep then fog lights factory integrated. Does anyone know the Nissan part# for a replacement Ti indicator stalk that I can use for my STL to enable fog light control?

·
Registered
9,512 Posts
Look up NIZZBITS he is a member on this forum and can get you any genuine Nissan parts for far less than a dealer.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My nissan dealer may be more knowledgeable. They searched up combination switch and was able to order it in.

The wiper and indicator stalks is the one piece unit.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thanks. My dealer got back to me $330.00 for the combo stalk and $50 if I want them to install it. So the next question (mainly for anyone with the factory stalk on a STL) does the fog light switch on the stalk rotate both ways to also enable the rear fog lights integrated within the rear bumper reflectors?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I looked at mine pretty darn closely (from the outside) and it looks split 50/50 even with a bulb installed on one half. I will put my head under and look from the back to verify and post a pic if needed.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have them in my garage. Fakes. Well, oz delivered models anyway.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yep, they're totally fakes 😯. Thought it might be a matter of just installing some globes, wiring up an unused plug and getting the right indicator stalk that could toggle forward and back fog lights.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bummer hey! Also in the overseas model the LED on the tail gate stop lamp - they are fakes too where's there's are real!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Got my factory indicator stalk to install on the STL this weekend as bull bar with fog lights coming in a few weeks...
So does the top of the steering column cover come off with just the one screw?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 25 Posts