Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
nissan y61
4,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone using a old or new food warmer cooker from the aviation world. I keep looking at them in galley and making notes of who builds them. I have about 3 brand names and am sure its a great idea to have one in Caravan or even one fitted to rear draws next to the fridge or in the camper trailer running off a inverter of 110volts 50/60 Hz. I'm starting to search the net for a used one but they seem to be like gold dust to find new or used.

I was expecting to find a heap for sale in the US bone yards but it seems that they are removed and re-used in newer planes to save on overall cost of out fitting. Maybe thats why even on these newer planes the food warmers are still old?

If anyone has a nun commercial type I would be interested to get the details of such a item.

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan y61
4,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks Simmoevo, Food warmers seem to be a thing of the past since the microwave rolled out. I'm going send B/E email and see if I can order one unit.

B/E Aerospace | Aircraft Galley Ovens - B/E Aerospace

This is the one im after as it looks solid and I can program it to what time it should start to heat up. With this idea dinner can start cooking before we arrive at the camp site. Less stress for the wife and kids.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts