Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couple of times recently I've been driving home and a Play plater in a Falcon has been on the wrong side of the road. He drives along coming straight at me to the point I have to stop and wait on the side of the road until he's passed.

I initially thought he may be an overseas driver and wasn't doing it on purpose, but talking to a few locals today it seems that he does it for kicks.

My question is, what is the best way I can deal with this to see him put off the road until he can drive safely? Should I call the police when I get his numberplate? Or is there a more effective way?

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
50,168 Posts
Couple of times recently I've been driving home and a Play plater in a Falcon has been on the wrong side of the road. He drives along coming straight at me to the point I have to stop and wait on the side of the road until he's passed.

I initially thought he may be an overseas driver and wasn't doing it on purpose, but talking to a few locals today it seems that he does it for kicks.

My question is, what is the best way I can deal with this to see him put off the road until he can drive safely? Should I call the police when I get his numberplate? Or is there a more effective way?
Yes, call the cops, why not, he's a danger to you and others, and if you have a camera you have proof, I hope you saw the video and read the other thread in here about this exact type of driving.

·
The Googlest, Apparently!
nissan patrol
15,935 Posts
Get or borrow a dash cam, then call the cops and get the farkwit off the road before he kills someone.

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
11,243 Posts
This should do it.

Seriously though get a dash cam, mine has caught a couple of near misses including one or two that would have appeared to be my fault if we collided.

·
Registered
nissan
354 Posts
As someone who has survived a 100km/h head on collision. I would chase the ****er down. Beat the absolute **** out of him then try and plead some kind of insanity for my actions.

·
Registered
nissan
4,831 Posts
Patrol bullbar direct to drivers door as he pulls back to his side of road, blind panic from oncoming traffic can cause this reaction, :) with dash cam video back up to prove liability.
With any luck Darwin will take over once Fowlcon hit and insurance will cover the new winch bar you needed.
Darwinism is a great thing sooner or later it sorts these idiots out.

·
After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says W
06 Td42ti coil cab chassis
18,862 Posts
Call your local hoon line, and dob the plick in.

If that gives no satisfaction, try Lionel's method.;)

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,149 Posts
Whats the rest of the story?

Is it a one lane road with gravel sholders and he just stays in the middle or are we talking 2 lane and he comes way over your side or 2 lane with parked cars both sides and he comes a little wider the he should?

I just find it hard to believe someone would do this

·
The Googlest, Apparently!
nissan patrol
15,935 Posts
I don't, I knew a farm boy from Newdegate who thought it was great to drive on the wrong side of the road and play chicken with the tourists heading to / from Esperance.

A group of us beat 6 ways of chit out of him for it (no dash cams then and violence was acceptable) and the local copper (also on our football team) made it his life's mission to hound him to death.

Eventually got him 3 times for drunk driving and he lost his license for life.

·
Registered
nissan
1,339 Posts
Underarm a brick into his path so it enters his windscreen. Genepool needs a bit of cleaning, do it with a brick & fire.

Jokes aside, dashcam. As per the other thread, might help with research (Don't worry, no affiliation, I just like that it's actually got useful info!) Dashboard Camera Reviews

·
Registered
nissan
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Whats the rest of the story?

Is it a one lane road with gravel sholders and he just stays in the middle or are we talking 2 lane and he comes way over your side or 2 lane with parked cars both sides and he comes a little wider the he should?

I just find it hard to believe someone would do this
There is no rest of the story. Road is a bitumen road, two lanes so he has plenty of room but he drives literally completely on the wrong side, all four tires on my side.

I found it hard to think it was deliberate too, until as mentioned a few other locals commented on it to me.

·
Weekend Warrior
Nissan patrol
10,353 Posts
You have to ask yourself how much you like your patrol and just call his bluff, sounds like lots of people know about him and his stupidity.

You can bet your arse I would plough the f*cking stupid piece of sh*t to kingdom come. But thats just me. Im suprised nobody has.

Dont forget to speed up a bit, brace yourself and close your eyes just before impact (glass in your eye is not fun) maybe pay attention to where your legs are too. And have your phone camera ready when you get out. Maybe a baseball bat incase he still has a pulse. Then call the meat van.

Sorry I'm only joking. :naughty:

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
11,243 Posts
Do you have a truck license?
Preferably HR or larger. Hire one.
Then call his bluff, that'll sort him out. Granted its an expensive way around things, but you won't ruin your car and you'll be covered by insurance as the 'accident' is not your fault.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts