Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

Premium Member
Nuffin now
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some might know, I sold the might Troll, due to age and not wanting to spend a gazillion dollars on it and purchased the Triton Dual Cab. Over time I will fit it out to what I want = UHF towbar, dual battery, canopy and possibly a winch, seein as the bullbar will take one and fridge into the rear. :bananaro:

UHF is in and the towbar was put on this afternoon, with a lot of cursing and swearing. :headwall:

Of course the bloody thing fell off the jack and cut the cables. :angryfir:

Foo

Premium Member
Nuffin now
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay, towbar is on and wiring harness sorted and working. :victory:

Whoops. one more bolt to go in there. :doh:

Foo

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Reactions: rgren2

I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
Plug and play. Makes it easy, no looking for wires, stripping and soldering. On another forum, some have problems with LED lights on their trailers/caravans, have to add ballast resistors.

Premium Member
Nuffin now
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Plug and play. Makes it easy, no looking for wires, stripping and soldering. On another forum, some have problems with LED lights on their trailers/caravans, have to add ballast resistors.
I couldn't get the lights to work the first time around but after pulling the plugs apart again and finding that there was power in the main plug, I pushed them back together and it all worked. :confused:

Foo

Reactions: rgren2

Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
I couldn't get the lights to work the first time around but after pulling the plugs apart again and finding that there was power in the main plug, I pushed them back together and it all worked. :confused:

Foo
Yes, that can be a trap, I had two lights in my boat weren't working yesterday, after checking power it all changed at the switch with 12v in and 5v out, turned out to be a contact in the switches, a drop of WD in the back and a few flicks and all good.

Premium Member
Nuffin now
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Next will be the dual battery and then the fridge. ;)

Foo

Premium Member
Nuffin now
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I might do that also but will just wait and see how things go on the money front this year. I'll be happy to get the dual battery fridge and canopy sorted this year. ;)

Foo

Registered
Nissan Patrol GU
I鈥檝e done the same , I rolled my Troll so I went down the Triton road too.
Very happy with it MY15 MN its been most places as the Troll but I do miss the Troll for its lower gearing for towing - both cars were manual and the Triton just doesn鈥檛 compare.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Premium Member
Nuffin now
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gettin the back sorted for my bikes. This will change again but will do for now. :)

Foo

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Premium Member
Nuffin now
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looking at making a canopy with an ally roof and canvas sides. Thinking that instead of drilling holes in the side of the tray, I would run the bottom out over the sides so that I could run a sail track along the left and right side and then for the tailgate, use like a C-section to overlap, so that I could use the bungy straps to fasten? :idea: The whole frame would be sitting on a rubber seal that sat on top of the tray sides. Thoughts?

Foo

Registered
Any sort of canopy on a styleside is a huge pain to make work right and is a big compromise as far as usability. I've had this discussion with a few styleside owners at work about doing both soft and hard side canopies. Never done one yet. They usually give up or go buy a flat tray to start with.

Reactions: Foo

Registered
nissan patrol
Any sort of canopy on a styleside is a huge pain to make work right and is a big compromise as far as usability. I've had this discussion with a few styleside owners at work about doing both soft and hard side canopies. Never done one yet. They usually give up or go buy a flat tray to start with.

Have to agree with Fester mate. I have a trailer with a triton styleside as the body - pain in the arse wish I had never done it. Go the full build, do it proper. If ya gunna tow, strengthen the chassis while your at it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Foo

Premium Member
Nuffin now
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well finally some mods happening on da ute. :) Going to leave that gap at the front, so that I can put the aux battery there and somin else along side of it. :unsure:

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

Premium Member
Nuffin now
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The one thing that I'm not happy with is, the left side that slides all the way on the top for the fridge, has a bloody grip hole so that you can pull it out. That means the water will get into that drawer, so I'll be making up something to fix that dumb problem. It's okay if you have a canopy or it's in a wagon but seriously, why couldn't they have an insert for it! 馃が

Foo

Premium Member
Nuffin now
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Bolted in and works great. I'm going to change the side wings and make it so that they are hinged, so that the space along side of the drawers, is usable. ;)

This is the dopey setup for the fridge slide. That opens over the top of the drawer, the dopey bastards! :poop:

Foo

Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
Bolted in and works great. I'm going to change the side wings and make it so that they are hinged, so that the space along side of the drawers, is usable. ;)

This is the dopey setup for the fridge slide. That opens over the top of the drawer, the dopey bastards! :poop:

Foo

Their drawer is on the wrong side for the fridge so I put a decent slide on the RHS. What masquerades as a drawer does actually come in handy. Other than easy access to the back part of the LHS. I use it regularly as a platform to stand on when loading and tying stuff on the roofrack.also makes it easier to get my sub out as I can slide the drawer right out and easily reach and pickup the sub without hurting my back.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Premium Member
Nuffin now
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well to be honest I don鈥檛 think they intend for people to put them in the back out in the weather like you have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No point in using marine carpet then, no different to what you get with boats. :unsure:

Foo

1 - 20 of 22 Posts