Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a rough idea how much a 3'' exhaust would cost on my 2.8 wagon (NSW).

Thanks

·
Registered
nissan patrol
449 Posts
My local exhaust shop did mine. I had to supply the dump pipe. Around $700 all up.

·
Registered
Nissan CRD
893 Posts
Try Scott Rods at West Ipswich QLD

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Anything from 400 to 1500 according to recent threads....

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
wow scotts rods is half the price of taipan which begs the question WHY

·
Registered
305 Posts
I got mine from Scotts Rods, 2.8 3" exhaust but had him make it for a top mount turbo setup ready for dump pipe - only cost me $499 delievered to melbourne.

·
Registered
Nissan CRD
893 Posts
You definitely would have to ask why the big $$ for the Taipan as you can buy the Vortex muffler direct from the vortex muffler website (Google Vortex muffler) heaps cheaper and have a custom exhaust built around it. I had a vortex muffler on my Landrover Disco TD5.

Scott Rods 3" system seems the goods for the price. It certainly has contributed to my CRD coming alive and is well made.

·
Registered
nissan
258 Posts
Is it a fairly easy swap in for someone with not much mechanical expertise (me!)?

Would it need a tune immediately or could I at least book it in and drive it for a couple of days?

·
Registered
Nissan CRD
893 Posts
Is it a fairly easy swap in for someone with not much mechanical expertise (me!)?

Would it need a tune immediately or could I at least book it in and drive it for a couple of days?
Mate, pulling the old exhaust apart to get it off and bolting the dump pipe up to the turbo is where most people come unstuck. If you do not have a deep socket set, good quality ring spanners and some helpful bits in the shed then take it to an exhaust shop and pay them to do it. Every time that I do an exhaust changeover or fixup on my vechiles, I swear next time that I will take it to the exhaust shop to have it done.

The 1996 2.8 TD that I had was mechanical injection but the GU 2.8's became electronic injection I think. The 2.8 GU Guru's will need to answer the second question.

·
Registered
Nissan CRD
893 Posts
Give it a go then, it can be character building.

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol
82 Posts
I recently did mine (TD42 intercooled).The Scott's Rods was 735ish to my door at Gulgong.

Hardest part of fitting was getting the dump pipe off(soak it the night before with wd40 or similar) and because nissan in thier infinite wisdom use crush nuts on thier studs don't be suprised if ya stuff a thread or two.I did on 2 of mine and replaced em with capscrews.

Shane

Ps I haven't touch my pump since fitting - but i did wind the boost up a bit to take advantage of the extra flow available:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts