Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
Discussion Starter #1
Im noticing the odd "For Sale" and "Wanted" adds creeping in this section on the forum

Not sure IF everyone is aware but we have a "Classifieds " Section on the forum

Can we please use the appropriate sections for the relevant subjects

Registered
the new classifieds section is crap to use imo. well its good BUT MQ for sale items are few and far between and there is 12 different sections that adds could be hiding in, plus they are chocka-block with GU/GQ stuff. hence why i posted my wreck in this section the other week, its makes more sense.

asking a mod for a sub-forum under this MQ section for MQ parts is the way to go i reckon.

ps- what do you mean by op seehuusen, i thought op was 'original poster', ie the thread starter.

Registered
ps- what do you mean by op seehuusen, i thought op was 'original poster', ie the thread starter.
OP is also an IRC term. (Internet Relay Chat) 'op' is short for 'operator', basically the same as a moderator on a forum. Someone who has authority to control the actions of others.

I agree with neRok. I also have the same issue when hunting for MQ/K parts and worry that the odd for sale thread gets lost amongst the rest and hard to find. It may be easier if classifieds were listed specific to each forum category.

KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure if im getting my head around what so hard to put a "wanted" add in the "wanted" section

Or even looking in the "For Sale" section to see whats for sale ???

Yes i know the early stuff is few and far between,just have to look harder

Im just kinda over new threads of interest , then find out its a "For Sale" or "Wanted " add in disguise

Registered
OP is also an IRC term. (Internet Relay Chat) 'op' is short for 'operator', basically the same as a moderator on a forum. Someone who has authority to control the actions of others.

SPOT ON NICK :D
I guess that has stuck around since I had mIRC on a floppy disk, trying to download illicit material off the good old Chat Channels HAHAHA those were the days :cool:
Now you've got the same capacity as 200 of those old computers :rolleyes:

Registered
hence why my add is here. the new classifieds are sh*t. i put my add in only to have to check when it ran out, and hardly any views. put it in the mk mq sections, over a hundred views in a few days. imho it will sell quicker here then in the "classifieds" section
brendan

KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
Discussion Starter #8
Just looked at your add,very sorta funny

1 part reads no motor ,then complete but not running

Maybe some fotas would help the cause ???

Registered
well the forum mods have made no comments (or actions) regarding my suggestions in the forum news section, so im proposing we have a thread titled 'MQ/MK Classifieds' and who ever has something for sale just post into that thread. no chit-chat in the thread, just items (chit-chat via pm etc). so if you want to browse the latest for sale, just read the last page.

what you reckon?

Registered
well the forum mods have made no comments (or actions) regarding my suggestions in the forum news section, so im proposing we have a thread titled 'MQ/MK Classifieds' and who ever has something for sale just post into that thread. no chit-chat in the thread, just items (chit-chat via pm etc). so if you want to browse the latest for sale, just read the last page.

what you reckon?
sounds good to me as it is hard to find gear for the old girls

KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
Discussion Starter #11
neRoK,
Links back on deck now
Maybe chuck it at him again,before you go ahead ???
Worse case theyll just delete the thread
Thatll upset some people

Maybe be do it as a sticky
So it doesnt get lost

Rusty, but Trusty. Most of the time
Just a suggestion, could people edit there post when they have sold/found the item? eg

Wanted
SD33t good condition - FOUND

1 - 20 of 24 Posts