Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

I have noticed the changes that the forum has been going through, and I really like what I am seeing. Sometimes a crash can be an opportunity to make some changes.

Looking forward to seeing what is next:D

·
Autos are Superior
11,601 Posts
I think when Linc moved the GU/GQ/MK down the page away from the top it stopped a *LOT* of people posting general crap in the wrong sections... Not sure why it was moved back?

·
Patrol 4x4 Admin
nissan
1,009 Posts
I think when Linc moved the GU/GQ/MK down the page away from the top it stopped a *LOT* of people posting general crap in the wrong sections... Not sure why it was moved back?
Nothing is set anywhere yet.. I'm just looking at things in different ways and considering how it will all work together with the new addons.. As I've said before, another week or two of working on it all and things should settle..

·
Registered
nissan
675 Posts
Have to agree with that, just as a lot post general etc in the GU section already.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
I am I the only person who doesn't like the new classified?

Although I like the concept that is used in the classified, it makes it harder to quickly scan through and their are WAY too many sections. If you are interested in the description of something, then you go into the advert and have a look. The pictures need to be WAY smaller in the initial thread, make them only a few lines high. And way to many sections.

This is all constructive criticism, I know it takes much time and effort to design and run a forum and I appreciate it, but I would hate to see this forum go down the path of outers.

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,855 Posts
I don't like how there are alot of 'general' sectrions. Drop 'general' form 'general patrol chat' or whatever! Makes it look too much like 'general chat' ;)

·
Patrol 4x4 Admin
nissan
1,009 Posts
I am I the only person who doesn't like the new classified?

Although I like the concept that is used in the classified, it makes it harder to quickly scan through and their are WAY too many sections. If you are interested in the description of something, then you go into the advert and have a look. The pictures need to be WAY smaller in the initial thread, make them only a few lines high. And way to many sections.

This is all constructive criticism, I know it takes much time and effort to design and run a forum and I appreciate it, but I would hate to see this forum go down the path of outers.
Everybody has different opinions on how things should be http://www.patrol4x4.com/forum/general-discussion-18/new-classifieds-look-sexy-56748/. I do take on board all feedback though and will make changes from time to time..

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,855 Posts
Yeah I've already had that thought and it's on my to do list..
Cool. Sorry about the tone of my message - i just read it in your quote and it sounded a bit -ve. I like the new layout.

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol GQ GU
1,295 Posts
I reckon the main menu has too many options and has spread the activity a little thin.

In the past i could come on and check out what was going on with a few clicks. 20 active threads under each of the sections and i could get on and have a quick look and be gone or be active, what ever.

Now there is only a couple of active thread in each section, some sections will not be active week to week. so allot of time is being spent on the menu page looking for action.

Dunno?? The way it was was efficient.

Some of the stuff i like allot but the spread is a little concerning. Part of what makes this forum such a winner is the level of activity everywhere, dont do anything that makes the activity look less than it is.

I am on another forum that has menus very much like the sub menus you have created and it can get a little dull because the activity is lost in the sub boards and cant be easily found for fresh input.

Maybe everyone is doing the same thing i am doing?? dunno. I did notice after the crash that there were many that sat back coming to terms with how much was lost and not really wanting to reinvent the wheel again. Very disappointing that, man there was some top class threads that were lost in that crash.

But the activity was thin on the ground for about a week after that.

dunno, just my initial thoughts, take them for what they are. I aint going anywhere.

Cheers to you guys.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Link, congrats on the new layout. Obviously a work in progress but a great step forward.
As usual you get all the whingers mate but as i say daily "if you don't like it [email protected]$k off".
I agree. If you don't like the fact that it is an open forum where we all express our opinions, good or bad, the maybe you need to listen to your own advice.

You are just another follower. If we were all followers, nothing new and good would ever be invented. Hence some of us have our own opinions and are willing to express them.

·
Autos are Superior
11,601 Posts
I agree. If you don't like the fact that it is an open forum where we all express our opinions, good or bad, the maybe you need to listen to your own advice.

You are just another follower. If we were all followers, nothing new and good would ever be invented. Hence some of us have our own opinions and are willing to express them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.