Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats with the forum survey where they want your peronal details including email address That's when I stopped If they don't like your answers you will get the ban stick permanently Not for me

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
12,104 Posts
Whats with the forum survey where they want your peronal details including email address That's when I stopped If they don't like your answers you will get the ban stick permanently Not for me
New to me, know nothing about this. Check the flag, I’ve reported a coupla scams lately.
I usually only click on the “New” icon.
If in doubt, report. The three vertical dots on the right at the start of the thread.

Two I’ve just reported.
Dodgy as.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,015 Posts
Have just spam cleaned your report Rod, as for the other that Oscar is talking about, I saw it earlier but dismissed it and it hasn't come back, if anyone has further info on it let me know.

·
Registered
'14 Y61 ZD30 CRD M/T ST
1,705 Posts
Ross, can you maybe check with VS? I also got a pop-up for the survey. It looked legit to me. Completed about half of it and then gave up becuae it became to labourious. Basically wanted to know if the support from VS (@ModAdmin) is sufficient or not and how they can improve. It was a generic survey as it also asked what forum you're on.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I also had it pop up for me also to complete a survey, I was short on time so ignored it but it looked legit and was the same pop up style that displays when they release the details of recent site improvements.

·
Pass the Popcorn
Nissan Datsun Patrol
6,521 Posts
Like kiwi the survey pop up came up 3 or 4 times as I navigated the forum. I just ignored it thinking I might get around to it if in the mood. I figured if it was legit enough would complete it to get the demographic info they were after.

Hasn’t popped up since so won’t worry about it.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,015 Posts
Sorry guy's meant to report back earlier on this survey question, it was a legitimate survey that ended just a few days ago, it showed its face once only to each member, it was generic that was why people filling it out were asked what forum they belonged to. The way it was done was raised with VS, especially why people would be a bit suspicious with all that is going on and the spammers we have seen. VS has taken that on board and will do it differently next time, they did say thanks to all those that participated, I wasn't one of them, lol.

·
Registered
509 Posts
it was a legitimate survey that ended just a few days ago, it showed its face once only to each member
That's bloody stupid to only appear once, I didn't have time when it first popped up to complete it and was going to later on but I could never find it again.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,015 Posts
That's bloody stupid to only appear once, I didn't have time when it first popped up to complete it and was going to later on but I could never find it again.
That was actually my intention at the time, I was busy checking changes between here and the other forum and thought I would investigate later, they have recognised it wasn't the best method and taken our concerns on board, that is a positive thing.

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
22,328 Posts
I ignored it as I thought it was some spam thingy for an add. :unsure:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts