Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says W
06 Td42ti coil cab chassis
Watch out, those orange tips mean that those are old Army ammo with tracer bullets loaded.
He will never lose his keys then..;)

Registered
nissan gq
Found these live 308s in me ole rig, nothing better than a bit of history addition to the key ring 馃憤 View attachment 531242
Scabby old rounds can be as lethal as new,if you aren't familiar with ammo handling don't just bore a hole in it,you could loose an eye or fingers.Identify them first,does a magnet adhere to the projectile ? is the yellow tip plastic or metal ? does the headstamp say 308 ? anything else ?,looks like you were lucky with number one,the heat of drilling could fire the primer and the fun is instantaneous 馃挜 馃檲

Registered
NISSAN 1997 GQ PATROL TD42 COIL CAB
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Scabby old rounds can be as lethal as new,if you aren't familiar with ammo handling don't just bore a hole in it,you could loose an eye or fingers.Identify them first,does a magnet adhere to the projectile ? is the yellow tip plastic or metal ? does the headstamp say 308 ? anything else ?,looks like you were lucky with number one,the heat of drilling could fire the primer and the fun is jnstantaneous 馃挜 馃檲
I believe I follwed the right steps, pull the bullet out, empty the gun powder, looked on the back of the bullet and inside the shell. It is a hornady 308 WIN

I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
Fill the case with water after removing projectile and powder, leave for a day, this will usually defuse the primer. They can blow a hole in you.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have already taken the primer out, done all the correct process measures in order. Completely safe and neat looking keyring.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fill the case with water after removing projectile and powder, leave for a day, this will usually defuse the primer. They can blow a hole in you.
Primer was taken out.

Registered
Orange tip on a bullet means that the bullet is a tracer round. The bullet it self is filled with a small charge wich produces a light once fired. So, that the shooter can trace the path of the bullet. Just by removing the powder charge and the primer in the shell is not getting rid of the tracer charge in the bullet. Also, tracer charges can set fire to the target, if its highly flammable, like petrol, dry grass etc.

Registered
Orange tip on a bullet means that the bullet is a tracer round. The bullet it self is filled with a small charge wich produces a light once fired. So, that the shooter can trace the path of the bullet. Just by removing the powder charge and the primer in the shell is not getting rid of the tracer charge in the bullet. Also, tracer charges can set fire to the target, if its highly flammable, like petrol, dry grass etc.
Not in this case the tip on the Z-Max bullet is a ballistic tip that assists with expansion.

Hornady Zombie Max

Registered
If the tip of the bullet is plastic, then it an expansion hunting bullet, but if its a metal tip painted orange its a tracer bullet.

Registered
So, you are safe.
We had quite some bad incidents/accidents in Europe with old army ammo either tracer or incendiary or with explosive.
People got hurt, loosing fingers, hand, limbs or worst lifes.
Thats why I was so finicky, sorry.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So, you are safe.
We had quite some bad incidents/accidents in Europe with old army ammo either tracer or incendiary or with explosive.
People got hurt, loosing fingers, hand, limbs or worst lifes.
Thats why I was so finicky, sorry.
Don't be sorry, I appreciate you looking out mate, I can completely understand. I watched quite a few videos before going ahead because I like my fingers haha, I also did't want my little sister having any chance of coming across them while they are live rounds, so making use out of the bullets and will be legal keep them too 馃憤

Registered
nissan
Wow that was painful to read I dissarmed correctly, yellow tip 308 pretty easy to comprehend. Good job nice addition to the keyring.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wow that was painful to read I dissarmed correctly, yellow tip 308 pretty easy to comprehend. Good job nice addition to the keyring.
Funny guy, there's others that were worried if it was tracer bullet or if I bored it properly bud.

Registered
nissan Patrol Y61 CRD
Hi guys. These bullets are, dependig on the colour on it either a tracer bulet or, more likely a bullet for a Sniper Rifle.

Depending on the colour (and a band with another colour) , the amount of gunpowder inside the bullet is exaclty the same like the other ones with the same colour. They are used in sniper rifles for different purposes.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi guys. These bullets are, dependig on the colour on it either a tracer bulet or, more likely a bullet for a Sniper Rifle.

Depending on the colour (and a band with another colour) , the amount of gunpowder inside the bullet is exaclty the same like the other ones with the same colour. They are used in sniper rifles for different purposes.
308 hornady zombie-max Yellow plastic tip

1 - 19 of 19 Posts