1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

who is running them?
as i am ordering my fox's tomorrow from the states, im going a 12 travel fox and running a 50mm bump stop on a 3 inch lift in the rear and 11 inch in the front.

what pressure do you guys have your shocks at?

and what size shaft did you decide on cause i have gone the 7/8 shaft and the valving is set up for a patrol.

·
Registered
nissan
11,162 Posts
i think there is a website in the us that do bolt in front fox shocks for a patrol.is it summit racing or something like that.
as for the rest cant help ya. im running src shocks

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
I run 200 psi of nitrogen in mine.
the trick to tuning is changing the shim stacks not pressure, varying pressure between 150 and 250psi only allows you to fine tune your spring rate.

Standard 60/40 shims in 2 inch fox will be too soft on rebound for a patrol.

My fronts are the bolt-in ones for a patrol with 5/8th shafts and remote reservoirs.

Rears were 2 inch remotes with 7/8th shafts, 200 psi in them lifted the back 20mm. so if you want 3 inch lift order 2 inch lifted springs. These had the 60/40 valving which was not much good.
I ended up smashing one in due to a busted panhard.
Today I started making room for a set of 2.5 inch triple external bypass remotes in the rear. They take a hell of a lot of space. still with 7/8th shafts. so 200 psi will lift that 20mm.

I use 80 series style bump stops.

·
Registered
nissan
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mike thanks for the info. The place im getting them from has valving for a patrol so he is revalving them for me before he sends them over. I got the 7/8 shaft. Im running non coil over res shocks. Ill ask the guy tomorrow morning what valing he is going to put in it. Cause i think there is going to be some trial and error. Also where are you getting your shocks pressised at?

Atm im doing rear shocks first then fronts. Im going to run 80 series bump stops in the front as well. So i guess it is a bit of trial and error.

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
Quite a few tyre places do nitrogen fills. Call and ask, it's a standard schrader valve and make sure they can do the pressure.
The 2 times I've needed it another competitor has been kind enough to let me use their gas.
I have a regulator and I will get a hose and rent a bottle and do my own soon.

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i had a big chat to them this morning im gonna run the 5/8 shaft they come with 200psi in them and they are changing the valving to what they have used before.
i told them i didn't want a 60/40 valve and used your reason.

yeah a mate is a manager of a tyre place so im sure they can hook me up with gas.

have you seen the price for kings??? for that price i could run triple by pass.
im getting mine through down southmotorsport
im going 12 inch travel on the rear, i can't wait to test them out.

·
Registered
173 Posts
does anybody no who does the revalving around brisbane area ??

im still surprised at the prices for fox and king shockies there like the price of tough dogs, but when they get here they tripple in price for some reason, and people wonder why we buy online rather then local

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Wizard performance reconditions fox shocks.
Partly the reason they are so much dearer here is because if we buy more then a $1000 worth we are hit with 30% rip of charges when you can buy them tax free.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Wizard performance reconditions fox shocks.
Partly the reason they are so much dearer here is because if we buy more then a $1000 worth we are hit with 30% rip of charges when you can buy them tax free.

we still pay 10% GST over a $1000, why do you guys get charged 30%???

king shocks for patrols $840 x 30% = $1092 x 2 for the front and rear = $2184 + maybe 250 for freight over here and you get $2434 call it $2500 there is a certain company selling them for $3800, thats a pretty hefty mark up in anybodys langauge, i no they have over heads and all but that is a retail price for average joe blow not a wholesallers price like they would more then likley get. so it would be nearly a 100% mark up for what ??

im all for buying in aus to keep the money here but there has to be a point were people just say nah bugger it i'll buy over seas and go buy myself a locker with the money i save.

it sucks with our really strong aussie dollar we are still getting charged massive prices compared to what it costs in america.

rant over hahaha

luke

·
Registered
nissan
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
the fox's i got came with one free revalving so they have been revalved before leaving there shop.
grenade the only reason i didn't buy local was a friend put me onto this company in the states, you have to remember the holding costs for fox's or kings would be a fair bit as they take 1 to 2 weeks to get here. and they are not a highly sold item compared to a 2 inch dobinson coil.

this thread is more now to talk about valving of a fox shock not prices.

i guess i have taken the risk would ordering parts from the usa with the valving but it was a risk im willing to take and lets face it, 6 inch tough dog shocks on it atm are completely shagged and there like 22 months old, even if the fox's arne't valved right they still will be better than the tought dogs i have

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
we still pay 10% GST over a $1000, why do you guys get charged 30%???

king shocks for patrols $840 x 30% = $1092 x 2 for the front and rear = $2184 + maybe 250 for freight over here and you get $2434 call it $2500 there is a certain company selling them for $3800, thats a pretty hefty mark up in anybodys langauge, i no they have over heads and all but that is a retail price for average joe blow not a wholesallers price like they would more then likley get. so it would be nearly a 100% mark up for what ??

im all for buying in aus to keep the money here but there has to be a point were people just say nah bugger it i'll buy over seas and go buy myself a locker with the money i save.

it sucks with our really strong aussie dollar we are still getting charged massive prices compared to what it costs in america.

rant over hahaha

luke
2 or 3 years ago I imported 2 winches. I pre paid for the winches and for the freight to Brisbane.
To get them out of customs and all the bull it cost me a further $900. I told them that they can keep them, it wasn't worth me getting them out but then they were going to charge me a daily rent fee. If I wasn't a business it would cost far less. You have to get a full container load before the prices began to get remotely reasonable.

Shane

·
Registered
nissan
11,162 Posts
2 or 3 years ago I imported 2 winches. I pre paid for the winches and for the freight to Brisbane.
To get them out of customs and all the bull it cost me a further $900. I told them that they can keep them, it wasn't worth me getting them out but then they were going to charge me a daily rent fee. If I wasn't a business it would cost far less. You have to get a full container load before the prices began to get remotely reasonable.

Shane
and here is another example of the aussie government ripping us off then wondering why we buy from the us. its getting beyond a joke. why charge businesses so much more than private import taxes has me beat.
but yeah definately know wizard revalve fox shocks. and ive heard mic from superior mention extreme motorsports as well.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts